Beginner Tips. Guitar Buying Tips.

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by rohitit1, Aug 21, 2006.

1. rohitit1

rohitit1 New Member

Hi ppl... gud forum this one...
    Have been bitten by the Guitar bug ;) . Please guide me for the following.

I am looking forward to playing solo music. Maybe some hindi stuff at the beginning. (M crazy bt d Scorpions though.) Im eyeing an electric guitar at the moment although I wud be starting up with an accoustic one.
    (Price Range: Electric: +- 10k Accoustic:2k and above) It should be fairly good quality one.

1. Which are the top 3 Electric Guitars recomended for a Beginner/Intermediate level?
    Ans.
    1. ?
    2. ?
    3. ?

Please mention the Make(Company) and the model.

2. Which are the top 3 Acoustic Guitars recomended for a Beginner/Intermediate level?
    Ans.
    1. ?
    2. ?
    3. ?

While replying it wud be gr8 if you could reply in the above 1.2.3 format.
    Thx guyz in adv.
    May the replies flow in....! :)

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

imo
    acoustic guitars like gb&a, washburn, yamaha, hobner are good..even givson isnt that bad to start with!

electric guitars-i dont have much knowledge, but i've heard fender, ibanez, aria, slammer, washburn, yamaha r good!

about the models, u just have to do a bit of research or ask here

sorry for not following "the format" :grin:

3. rohitit1

rohitit1 New Member

Hi Vini,
    thx 4 d info...
    As per my "research" ;) (googling around) as of now I have the following favourite in electric category at the top of my "Chart". :)

Squier Strat (fender)

Also I saw a lot of talk abt the IBanez Guitar here in the forums. So im finding a lots of names comming up. I am wanting a Good quality guitar in the mid range segment as I am looking at it from a long term perspective.

The best way you guys can make it clear to me is by posting your top 3 prefered electric guitars.
    Never mind if u dont have all the 3 on your mind... Just let me know your favs..

So please let those TOP 3 CHARTS flow in ppl...
    Thx again..

4. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

Hey Vini and Rohit
    i think First Go to Guitar Shop and Grab the Guitar which is in ur Budget and have a Fantastic Sound...does't matter is it good looking or Not,like some 1 said " Soorat per na jayeen,Seerat per jayeen" :D
    & if u just started Guitar then dont Buy electric...Buy a Acoustic or Semi Acoustic...n Start Learning Guitar,and after some Time when u'll Think that i am Able to Handle Electric guitar :p:...Then Buy a Electric Guitar...
    thts My opinion or Tips for Buying Guitar :eek::

:rock: Faiq :nw:

5. rohitit1

rohitit1 New Member

Hi "Faiqrock",
    Couldnt have agreed more with you... Im joining a Guitar class to start up with an accoustic one. My idea is same as yours. But my main interest is in an electric one. so just trying to collect the information. So nywaz let the nominies flow in.

thx mate!

6. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

Ahh right Best of luck for ur guitar;)...but dont buy electric if u are learning guitar...:p: Try Acoustic Learn on Acoustic and ones you learnt Acoustic thn i m 101% sure that u will find Electric easy ..like Bending ..solo's...So If you are beginner then Buy Acoustic;)

7. rohitit1

rohitit1 New Member

I I sir !!! ;) ^5