Beat my version of Hotel California!

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by geniusoid, Apr 10, 2007.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I dont have any clues about Infinite Dreams..I just heard the name a few times, other no other clues...
    Mutiny is from Bangalore only. Their singer left to the US, so the band also broke up. He is good in his own, absolutely not my types....Just screaming in high pitches, mindless shredding, blind double bass drums are just not my cup of tea...Forget appreciation, I just cant tolerate those stuffs.....I know lots of other good guitarists around here in Bangalore. One of my friends is a student of Frank Gambale, Steve Lukather, Dave Hill and has taken classes from Steve Morse, etc.....He just can molest all those guitarists you are talking about...

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Does he have any music online? Can you give links or something?

3. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

Yeah very true....but just thought u might know coz u`re frm Bangalore too, if i aint mistaken....yeah the Mutiny bloke screams - but he does a helluva job outta tht one...I`ve heard him sing proper songs too - and he has a good voice even when he aint screaming. U shud perhaps try to check out their original called House of the Fast.

Abt the Infinite Dreams band, yeah i guess a lotta ppl can beat their guitarist - but just thought u might know him as well - tht lad is talented - he played a 20-25 mins tribute to Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in gr8 style and it was really neat.....

I dont like screamwhores myself....i guess tht comes out frm my music clearly. Mclaughlin & Co. is more my kind...

4. max_payne16

max_payne16 New Member

is tht smthin u planned already n played??
    or jus runnin as it comes on Bm ??
    damn good man
    awesome
    wich guitar is tht??

5. max_payne16

max_payne16 New Member

outro is cooool
    i mean th part similar to the original song
    is tht som midi file u made up??
    or used the available file with hi tempo?
    and yes
    ths audio cud have won u an iPod...IGT contest
    cud ve been th winner....4 sure man
    did u participate??

6. geniusoid

Yeah I used a midi for backing and upped the midi tempo by 20% because the original was so slow and boring.....makes u feel sleepy when u play! :grin:

Abt the iPod, I think if I were to win an iPod for tht, it`ll be so lame! Gettin a cool gizmo for no sweat! No i didnt participate in the last one - the qlty of participants wasnt pretty good actually.... u need more grilling to get the best outta the lot....something I have discussed in length over IGT long back....

and no, i mostly might not participate in the next one too - i dont trust ppl out here! :))))) *hides guitar*

7. ronnieanand

I am in Bangalore only for the last 3 years....and know about the music scene here only for the last 2 years.....

8. ronnieanand

He is a full time studio musician....search for this band called Shoe String...He has done the guitar work there....The Bajaj Pulsar DTSI ad and lot of other ads and movies are done by him...He has some 3 album release under international labels too......

9. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Your fingerstyle technique is t3h s3x. It is fingerstyle right?
    EDIT: Trem picking, with fingerstyle, yeah right. Hybrid picking? Or just normal picking with only plectrum?

Although I found some parts a bit repetitive, maybe use different octaves?

FRICKING 5th time editing this post. :mad:

10. geniusoid

t3h s3x? wtf is tht dude? I donno any of this technical stuph....I dont even know chords other than majors and minors! :grin:

I donno abt all this hybrid vaibrid - i am using a pick (plectrum) to play it on an acoustic electric dreadnought.

Repetitive, well yeah i wanted to stick to the base song, and so decided that since there were 3 paras (or verses), they would differ subtly.

Use different octaves matlab? Plz explain - i play by ear and instinct - u tell me in practical terms and i`ll get it - throw in some theory and stuph, i`m clean bowled! :(

Btw, I hold the pick 90 degrees clockwise while playin the faster parts - it offers least resistance and helps me pace up.

11. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Don't bother, it doesn't apply. :p:

Hybrid picking is where you use the pick along with your fingers

OK

Octave means shifting the scale down. Like your 1st and 6th strings. They are 2 octaves apart. Like a high E and a low E

Tremolo picking.

12. geniusoid

Ah okie.....thanks for all the gyaan! I didnt know there was a name to tht 90degrees thingy! :grin:

Yeah I know the Octave part dude, but i just wanted to know wht exactly u wanted - shift of just octaves or use of harmonies or something...

13. satan_4_infinit

satan_4_infinit New Member

good guitaring..that's the only thing that i wanna say...u rock man.... keep going...u innnovate a lot...u musci has a definite attitude to it...this adds to it's quality...really liked ur version....

post the tabs or else no reps...

ha ha jokin...keep tracks like these comin
    reps comin up

14. ponnuangel

ponnuangel New Member

Hi,
    I'm Ponnuangel.
    Use this pdfs to improve your strumming.
    good luck!

Attached Files:

15. geniusoid

Thanks buddy....i thought this thread was dead [:grin:]

Unfortunately, I dont have any tabs for the leads I played, since (as stated earlier as well), I play them impromptu....and hence, if u played the track and gave me a guitar, i`ll be playing something different now....the ideas will be same, but the placement, notes and all will keep changing within the framework....I`d suggest tht u try to play the song as leads on the backing track and once u`ve mastered tht (i never tried this), u cud try experimenting with flavors tht u have heard/tried thru ur yrs of guitaring...

Good luck and thanks for the reps [:D]