Beat my version of Hotel California!

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by geniusoid, Apr 10, 2007.

1. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

haha....take up my challenge blokes (and lassies if there are any worth their salt!)

I`m so obsessed with this tune, so i came up with another one - this has backing midi tracks (though they were for the electric version, but nevertheless)...

Ok cutting out the jokes, here it is -
    https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=565809

Click on the 1st track - its titled HOTEL CALIFORNI YEAH!

And u bloody comment if u heard it, and especially if u also downloaded it man! Dont l33ch!

-sOid

stranger_in_ny, RoMeO_Gguru and zing like this.
  2. stranger_in_ny

stranger_in_ny New Member

Its amazing - !!

I guess you the one playing acoustic.. midi muddling a bit!! ; )

still v goood. - never heard with this tempo

3. loyal

loyal New Member

Cool,

Nice tone, u seem to come up with plenty of variants for this song !!!!!!!!!!.

:rockon:

4. geniusoid

thanks guys....yeah the midi is not coming out how i wanted it to ..... the problem being that cubase doesnt let u import a MIDI file - otherwise i wud have recorded the leads separately and then adjust volume levels for both tracks.....

Wht i finally did is play the track in Winamp, and use Goldwave to record all sounds happenin on my comp and then played my acoustic with the track (connected directly to the comp).

U wont believe it - the track was kept as 10% volume on Winamp - tht bloody thing is still so loud! [:(]

Yeah i`ve got so much in the groove of playin different versions of this amazing song .... its so much fun - I am lookin for the Big Lebowski version of Hotel California's backing track - thts much faster and has a flamenco kinda effect to it - wud be very grateful if anyone gave me the backing tracks for the same - I`ll record a flamenco and spanish kinda flavour to the same song then [:)]

P.S: Any more nice backing tracks anyone? I`d love to experiment :grin:

P.S: Anyone replying henceforth, plz ask me for anything except the TABS - i played it impromptu and donno the tabs - just let the mood flow man!

nazr likes this.
  5. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

Can i have the tabs for this one?

Just kidding.Amazing work.Reps.

6. zing

zing Machine Head

awesome man gr8 work!

7. RoMeO_Gguru

RoMeO_Gguru .::idiotic crybaby::.

i aint kiddin i want the tabs and a video of the this.....this is awesome....never heard outta this world.....

8. geniusoid

Saaaaaaaaley! :lol:

Thanks for the reps man! I`m a poor man...thanks for the donation pal!

And yes.....i`ll really try to get a video on this.....just tht my digi cam doesnt shoot the gr8est vidz....but still....i`ll make one... :)

@ Romeo: its not tht tuff man....pretty simple song!

9. RoMeO_Gguru

RoMeO_Gguru .::idiotic crybaby::.

for u i guess dude but making ur own leads is some talent i need to learn and ur video is gonna be a gr8 help ....

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Just about everything seemed right about this. You have a lovely sense of melody.

I think a good third step would be to make a completely different melody of your own on the same set of chords. I'd be interested in hearing it.

11. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

i can beat that, just wait a few years, about 5or 6 :D

12. geniusoid

haha....u mean the speed kya? I was just flirting with the idea of recording it much faster - am picking up the delivery of yet another new guitar this weekend for tht very reason (my 4th axe :D )

We can keep competing till i die buddie ... :)))))

itwasnoteasy likes this.
  13. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Good stuff....But I am bored to death with this song....I wonder how a gay band like Eagles made a song like this.....

14. itwasnoteasy

itwasnoteasy E chord humka dede Thakur

i liked your chappa chappa do you play with fingers or you use pick? i am very impressed by the kind of sound produced and the clarity of the recording and everything very nice reps to you

15. geniusoid

Thanks Ronnie...

Not me!

Considering that The Eagles were a biiiig band at those times, i think they were really good with the kinda music they churned out. For me, music is not just about effects processors, long hair, head banging, screaming, and doping fans.

Please note that I love Power Metal and am a huge fan of Metallica & Iron Maiden - totally love Maiden.....but still, its just that I`m open to a wider genre of music.

To each his own poison, buddy.... I feel Britney's songs are gay - but then ur gurlfriend might be loving those songs.....Deicide would be crap for her, but entrance u.....its all abt personal likings - Not to take anything away, I believe The Eagles were an amazing band...

Btw, u never still replied to one question I asked u - Infinite Dreams frm Bangalore - therez a doper lead guitarist (who also sings, though very bad) - they performed at our Bschool at a competition and man can tht guy play! Neoclassicals livewire he was!

Also, ur new singer is indeed better than the previous one.....but u shud check out the singer of this band called MUTINY (if i`m not wrong they are frm B`lore or M`lore as well) - he`z totally a class apart!

Thanks for the comments pal...

16. abhishekup123

abhishekup123 New Member

never heard it lyk dis..... gr888!!!

17. abhishekup123

abhishekup123 New Member

never heard it lyk dis dude....gr8888888 work.!

18. stranger_in_ny

stranger_in_ny New Member

I am amazed. How could you make them gay band? They are one of the greatest american rock band of all times - known for longevity. They sell full house like stones, floyds, the who unlike some of the lesser known shredders - arena grunge/metal bands. Even gnr, metallica, doors would finish below them.

I am young myself but I would prefer enjoying music to the bliss than just headbanging on non-sensical rhythm and aaon-maaon lyrics.

19. godfather

godfather New Member

woah gr8 muzik..actually lisenin it to da 5th time..really amazing one mann..its in mah i pod now..keep up da good work lad...

20. geniusoid

Thanks pal..... yeah I used a pick for Chappa Chappa....the only track on my soundclick page thts been played with the fingers is called Finger Chips.

For Chappa Chappa, i used my acoustic guitar and connected it to my processor and to my comp. Tht acoustic guitar was a 16 yrs old Givson Crown 20 btw [:grin:]

Thanks a lot bro....feels really nice to be a part of someone's MP3 collection! [:D]