BaSsiSts Around the forums!! Help me out here!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by justneedaguitar, Dec 15, 2009.

1. justneedaguitar

justneedaguitar New Member

Guys need some suggestion for purchasing an electric bass!!
    pls help me out here a good 4 string or a 5 string which can come under the budget of 13k's
    Pls suggest a good piece!!

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

I think sanjivdas might be selling a bass guitar in Bangalore, search the forum.

3. metal_fan69

metal_fan69 To Live Is To Die

you'll need a bass amp too.... DO NOT plug your bass guitar in normal guitar amp.....

so if your budget is around 13 k better see if you can adjust everything in it.\

when I got my bass i didnt know which one to buy and all so I got a indian made Givson Jaguar bass for 5500 at that time.

but then after some time I bought a Marshall MB series 15 W Bass Amp for 5000..... and with the Marshall Amp even my Givson bass sounds awesome!

so choose your product accordingly

see the websites.... check the bajaoo.com website.... check the prices in India and go to various shops and see what they have.....

finally get a good feel, killer, kick ass bass guitar with deadly amp.....

\m/ \m/

4. flood

flood New Member

gah. don't buy a 15W bass amp! for bass amplification, more power = more clean headroom = more punch = better sound at a lower volume.

also, mediocre bass into good amp sounds better than a good bass into a shitty amp.

5. metal_fan69

thats wat my point was..... and My Marshall is killer....! It is just that I didnt know what to buy ath that time..... but the combination came out good!

6. flood

flood New Member

hm, we may have different interpretations of "killer"...

7. metal_fan69

lol

killer means kickass

:D

8. flood

flood New Member

:shock:

WOW.

whoulda thunk it? gee. thanks. i'd have never figured that one out, buddy. :nw:

9. metal_fan69

Sarcasm ..... isnt it! :p:

10. wylder

wylder Member

Dude, if u can save up some more money and get a SR series Ibanez bass, that would be awesome. Else, the GSR series Ibanez is a good starting point.

Firstly a good neck and then decent pickups are must-haves for developing good technique. I love PJ config for pickups. Twin soapbars are also cool.

As far as practice is concerned, a guitar amp's clean channel will do just fine to start off. I used to use a 60W stranger guitar/keyboard amp and it was great.

11. dpushkar

dpushkar New Member

i bought Ibanez GRS 200 is that good one????