Bassist willing to join/form a Blues/Blues-rock/Soul band (Bangalore)

Discussion in 'Form a Band' started by fena, Jun 10, 2012.

1. fena

fena New Member

As said in the title..i'm interested in joining or maybe forming a Blues/Soul/Blues-Rock band in Bangalore. I'm still kinda new to bass playing (have been playing only for a year and a half, though i've been playing drums and guitar since 2003) but i am willing to learn more and play more!

Regarding my style of playing; i'm largely influenced by James Jamerson, Willie Weeks, Pino Palladino, Tal Wilkenfeld, Oteil Burbridge and Jerry Jemmott, Rocco Prestia, etc..not that i can play like them, just that they have really shaped the way i APPROACH music.

Regarding the type of music i'd like to play;
    In Blues, take B.B King for example, Alvin Lee, Eric Clapton, John Mayer's take on the blues and his other band John Mayer Trio, etc
    In Soul, mostly blue-eyed Soul and RnB, ok..actually i'm open to just about anything :) ; ranging from Joss Stone, Amy Winehouse, Aretha Franklin to Tedeschi Trucks Band, The Allman Brothers etc..; you can also check out John Mayer's Born and Raised album.
    here are a few examples:-
    'People Get Ready' - Jeff Beck with Joss Stone (live 2007) - YouTube
    Donny Hathaway - Little Ghetto Boy Live - YouTube
    Alvin Lee - The Bluest Blues - YouTube
    John Mayer Trio - Gravity (Live) - YouTube
    John Mayer - Slow Dancing In A Burning Room (Live in LA) [High Def!] - YouTube
    the thrill is gone - B.B. KING - YouTube
    Midnight In Harlem - Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band (Live At The Crossroads Festival 2010) (HD) - YouTube
    John Mayer - Something Like Olivia (Born and Raised) - YouTube

one more thing; I'm still in college so..commitment maybe an issue, if that is gonna be factor.

so..anyone interested can contact me by
    1) Phone :- 7411500207
    2) Email :- fena.hauhnar@gmail.com
    or you can find me on Facebook under the user name :- Fena Hauhnar
    :beer:

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Can you come to Koramangala for jamming?

3. fena

fena New Member

bro.. Koramangala is too far away from where i am, but pm me your number and maybe we can stay in touch for future projects :)

4. fena

fena New Member

bump...................

5. kendavid

kendavid New Member

hey where are u situated?

6. fena

fena New Member

in nagarbhavi, you?

7. papadwala

papadwala New Member

funny thing, I stay in nagarbhavi too..! I play the guitar. Jam?

8. fena

fena New Member

why not man...what music are you into?

9. papadwala

papadwala New Member

Hey, Music well i listen to pretty much anything in the entire spectrum save death metal, doom metal etc. I'm into progressive stuff heavily though while playing, but i'm into the blues too yeah.. I've sent you a message with my email id, we can get a jam session set up sometime in jan..

10. fena

fena New Member

ah..a year has passed..left my prev band some months back.. the ad has been revived! anyone willing to board the soul train?? anyone? no one??