Bass Processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Nanda, Dec 12, 2005.

1. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

:shock:

What crap!!! Bassists are more of an ornament in death metal??? For your kind info without a bassy any death metal band will sound like shit?? death metal needs an emphasised low end, only a bassy can cater to that need!!!!!
    Think of Death or Cannibal corpse without a bassy!!!

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Correct! most do sound crap.
    That is also because they dont have much bass, or prominent bassy.

+ most of the time the Bass player is playing the same stuff as rhythm guitar in those cases.

3. chintan9

you still didnt get my point!! forget it.............

4. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Chintan : yo uare fighting with the worng person.. He is agreeing partly.. Ronnie is not..
    "What crap. Compressor is used by bassist across all genre. Mainly used by Jazz Guitarists. Infact it's used by most bassists. I dont think Death metal even requires a bass or any bass would do for that crap. Even a Givson Bass into a 20W stranger amp would do."

And i cant believe you mentioned DEATH without a Bassie... God its more than hard to imagine..

@alpha1 : Different amplifers have different sound schematics.. So when you get on stage and you are not using your own amps, You need to work your bass sound so that the distortion doesnt get too high.. YOu use the compressor for that.. In cases like DEATH(the band) he uses something similar to a clean tone for guitar.. So a lot of compression is required.. It just brings down all the attributes of the sound there is..

@ Ronnie : Jason does use the Wah Pedal.. Check out the Video of Binge and purge and goto the chapter showing the Bass solo..

5. chintan9

I didnt really see Ronnies post.

6. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

^^^ Its okie brother.. Happens...