Bass Processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Nanda, Dec 12, 2005.

1. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

^^^ Goto Rowlan Musicals.. He should have some good processors..

2. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Zoom 506

Hey Nanda,

The 506 I have is bought Dubai, It has a bill too. In case you want it I will recheck the bill and see how much it exactly was. I don't want anything extra for it, I'm just disposing it as I don't need it. Also, why don't you buy the Ibanez tuner ( I think it was MU 30 or something). Its for Rs. 1300 here and 1000 in Mumbai, and if my memory serves me right it has a metronome.

3. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

No dude .... somehow i dont like Zoom much .... The sound is kinda not my taste ...
    I havent heard a 506 .. But its the counterpart of 505 ... which i think is just for total beginners ...
    I have a frnd coming in Feb 1 st week so .. If i get a ZOOM from there it will cost me some 2300 rs ... and a digitech would cost me 4500 rs ... But i kinda liked this digitech BP80 ... As i have seen the twin for guitar ....

Your cost would be bit too hing than what i could get it for ... More over a metronome on the processor is must for me ... Infact i thought of this just for a metronome .. Ronnie was suggesting me a tuner and metronome for 1.5 k .. then i thought of this option ....

But this friend of mine mailed me this morning and asked if i wanted anything rom muscat ... So though if the cost is somewhere around 4.5 to 5 k .. i could ask him to get it as it would be faster than feb ........

Anyway thanks for the info on ZOOM ......and tuner .. ur stuff might cowt me some 3500 + 1000 (for the tuner , metronome ...) ... so i think i might be able to get it for less so ...

4. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

The bill I have is for 300 UAE Dirhams, which makes it exactly 3600 INR. I had paid another 100 bucks for an adaptor, thats why I remembered Rs 3700.

I'm not pushing the product, its new and unused, and its up for sale at the cost price of Rs. 3600. Its totally your call.

Thanks.

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I said it was for Rs,1000.

6. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

The Digiteck BP 80 has a good compressor.. I think thats what you need..

Jack a bassie in bangalore has it..

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

What he needs is overdrive/distortion (so that he can throw the rhythm guitarists out)
    with some drum machine for practice + loads of usual "Tom Dick n Harry" FX like flange chorus wah phaser delay etc

8. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Buy seperate pedals.. What could get better than that?

9. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey i am not that rich !

10. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Then wait and then buy..

11. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Guess i can sell it off .. when i am rich and good enough for pedals and racks .... If i get it for 4.5 can sell for atleast 4k as the cost in india is bloody 8.5 k !!!!!!

12. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

What are you talking about?

13. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

i meant cost of BP80 in india is 8 k but in US its 4 k .......

14. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Its like that for everything.. I pack of SMINT(Mint Pieces) costs 32Rs here.. Its 14 Rs in USA..

So whats your point..

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

He will make money, and get a better processor.

BTW isnt there any processor for bass in the league of GT6 or GT8?

16. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

GT6B and GT8B... They exist and no one uses them..

GT6B is quite common.. But Bassies dont spend much on processors..

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

hmmm

Well sometiems i wonder if the bassists are as fussy n fanatic about tone as we guitarists are?

18. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

LOL.. Bassies are made to stand in one place and play thats all.. They just complete the sound of the band.. Like a lid on a bottle.. YOu can actually turn down the Amp volume and they wont realise it.. Ha hA HA

Incident reminder : This happened to Phenom in RNSIT..

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well my personal preference is for bands that are bass heavy. somehow makes 'em sound ultra professional. especially the slides and slap/pop on the bass.

Infact I belive in axiom: "less is more" for guitars (Especially distortion). Many bands keep guitars really high, and vocals very less; end result: the mix is not clear at all.

Same about cymbals and hi hats: "Less is more", however, drummers again try to put in too much, end result: it sounds too much trebly.

20. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Are you referring to Dream Theater.. They match all of the above conditions.. Only thing is their MIX is DAMN COOL>.