bass guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by slash_i_m, Jan 21, 2006.

1. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

ppl i need some info on bass guitar coz a friend of mine wants to buy a bass.anything within 5 grand will do.please let me know.thanx in advance.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Givson bass with P pickups will work out to be cheaper than that figure.

3. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

I think Givson has a bass fr 4500>

4. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

thanx guys,can u guy giv me some morE info(particularly guys in bangalore) some more info .

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well I can just suggest you that get a minimum 12" speaker, better if 15". Otherwise U run the risk of blowing your speaker off.

If you wanna play it thru PC or music system, Make sure that either:
    1. your system is intelligent and routes only high frequencies to the tweeters, low frequencies to the sub-woofer
    2. unplug your tweeters while playing bass, only keep the sub-woofer swithced on.
    3. needless to say that unles you have a sub-woofer, dont try to play bass

6. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

i have a 5.1 creative speakers which is really good.but its my friend who needs the bass.thanks for the info bout the amp,i need to know some more.

7. babyreno

babyreno New Member

Hi slash_i_m,

A friend of mine bought a Givson bass guitar for Rs.3500 or so, from a small shop in Chickpet. I don't recall the name of the shop, but it wouldn't be too difficult to find. They have some good local acoustics too. You could give that a try.

I'm not a bassist, but I've "tried" playing it. Its got an ackward shape at the bottom (where it rests on your lap, if you play sitting), and it tends to poke you in the thigh. They could have improved on the design bit. About the sound, your friend would have to check that out for himself.

Take care :)
    babyreno

8. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

hey thanx for thst info man.i know that there's some guitar making market sorta thing in chikpet.i went there when i was making my first electric guitar.but thanks a lot.

9. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

ask debankan>

10. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

whoz debankan ?anyways does he play bass ?i'll try searchin

11. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

send a pm to debankan. he wil help you.

12. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

yeah i will do that.

13. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

better go for a GB & A for 7 k ... than wasting some 5k on a junk Givson ...

14. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

okay nanda..

15. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Does anyone know any cheap 5 string or 6 string bass. The only one i saw was a Samick 5 string for 12k i think.

16. sumit

sumit HaNdS uPPP!!

me too am plannin to buy a 5 string basss......but my budget hangs around 7-8k......so shld i buy a 5 string bass or 4 sstring bass for that price....and suggest me a goood one