Bass buying tips wanted....

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by oasisnash, Jun 25, 2006.

1. oasisnash

oasisnash New Member

Hey,

I'm interested in learning the bass and have been thinking about picking one up recently. I know basic (very little ) guitar. I just wanted you guys' opinions on what I should go for. I was thinking of picking up a cheap Givson electric bass and a cheap amp as well. What would be my best option and how much would it cost me? What stores would you suggest in Mumbai ?

I'd really appreciate any suggestions, advice, or info that you guys can throw my way.

Thanks a lot

- Nash

2. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I would personaly stay away from Givson... what is your budget?..... cheak out GB&A ... but honestly what is your budget?

3. oasisnash

oasisnash New Member

Hey jocelyn,

Thanks for the reply. Nothing too extravagant. about 10-12 K. What are my options ?

- Nash

4. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

for 10 to 12 k go to Peter Perrira he will make you something excellent..... Even albertos can make you something for 10- 12 k.
    10- 12 k is a decent amount for a bass guitar... and yo can good stuff. Dont look at GIVSON.... If you want to get both bass and amp for 10- 12 k go for GB&A also make a trip to Bhargavas at Bandra.... and dont look at GIVSON...

5. oasisnash

oasisnash New Member

Cool. Thanks a lot. I'll keep that in mind. Givson...........EVIL! Bhargavas seems like a good bet. I'll check it out.

:)

- Nash