Basic Theory of a Chord in as Short and Simple as possible

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Vader, Nov 1, 2011.

?

This Thread was...

1. Useful

100.0%
  2. Not Useful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

*in reading that sh** which i wrote :(...@vader you will hardly get any 4 note chords in metal and stuffs like that...and even if it is played ...you wont enjoy listening to the chords...power chords =metal...

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Angel Dust - Bleed - YouTube

I'm sure someone more familiar with the genre could post 20 other links in the next 5 minutes.

3. Sumanovo razor

it would be helpful if you provide some lessons related to pentatonic scales...i often request my guitar sir to teach me pentatonic scales but he will only say...pentatonic scales are too easy as compared to heptatonic scales...thats why i know nothing about pentatonic scales... ;(((...i tried to get some info's from wiki but its too complicated...btw i read this interval stuff somewhere...it was given nicely in a tabular column...learnt them but again forgot;)...the only way to memorise them is to apply them...i remember i used to learn the no. Of sharpes and flats which are there in different major and minor scales...but again used to forget them...then i started writing some serious sheet music with different scales and slowly slowly i memorized all of them...

4. Sumanovo razor

well bjr sorry m using a mobile device so couldnt watch the video...my mobile doesnt support video streaming...well i guess you tried to show i video of a metal song using some 4 notes ;)...gosh every time before posting i think that metal are only played in distorted tones...but m so wrong...alright here is an improved version of my saying...4 note chords luse their tonal flavour when played in an extreme distorted tone...

5. Sumanovo razor

when i say playing chord ...it means playing all the notes together and not arpeggios

6. Sumanovo razor

tonni iommi was once a jazzist...fine bjr...wait lemme learn bebops first then i will show you who is better... ;)...hehe....btw i downloaded the video and found that to be an alternative rock genre...

7. Sumanovo razor

hey whats that green block next to my avatar...bjr has 7 green blocks...and why the hell its written tabber...i didnt write that...and bjr's is 'lady of the evening'...btw i hardly know about tabs...(top secret)

8. sh@nt!

sh@nt! New Member

though i dont understand it completely the maths equations part looks very useful...thanks for the lessons Vader & Sumanovo razor :):):)
    never knew such equations existed behind the chords...