Barre chords:I JUST CAN'T DO IT!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by shezi123, Jan 1, 2007.

1. shezi123

shezi123 New Member

hey guyzz...ive been trynaa learnn barre choorddss fer like ageesss...butt i justt can't get it to sound right!!...i'm gettin frustrated and m loosin meh patiencee....can any one pleeeeasseee give me somme tipssss and stuff 2 gett rid of that reallyy annoyinngg buuzzzzzz i gettt evry time i strum em....thankzz...
    ciaoz

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

if u've been practicing for ageessss..then you should be playing barred chords very well! :shock:

So, either ur playing incorrectly or not practicing really well...barred chords take some time, patience n practice!

3. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^Egjactly!!

I think the first option might b true for u...
    Cud u upload some VDO clippings of ur barre positions?? That will tell the story :)

4. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

The buzz sound is okay if it is coming after you play the barre chords for some time coz the fingers aren't used to taking strain for a long time...its like training your biceps to lift 35 lbs...you get tired after a few reps.

Make sure the chords don't make a buzz sound right from the beginning coz that would mean your technique is wrong...if they come a bit later like after strumming for 8-10 times then its okay...be patient and try to achieve more strums next time...

OR

Keep playing songs with barre chords and you wont even know when you got used to barring.Play the songs without the strum pattern in the beginning and make sure you don't "buzz" any of the chords.Again if you're buzzing chords even without holding the barre for any time you're technique is wrong.

Both the options can be summarized as practice.

5. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

^^And keep trying songs like Hotel Calfornia...the entho to learn cool songs can overcome the finger strain..

6. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

Check some VDO's online for more guidance. Or get a guitar Advisor Lawl.

7. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

My advice is to not create threads like this and instead practice hard. The reason is that someday when you can play barre chords with ease you will look back on this thread and laugh at yourself for asking advice on something that simply needs practice and nothing more.

8. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

^Best piece of advise.

9. shezi123

shezi123 New Member

lolzz aight ..thanx alott guyzz..big help =)
    :rockon:

10. Mr_Perfect

Mr_Perfect New Member

Its not how long you have been practicing but the way you have been practicing. Practice it in the right way, get some lessons with a tutor, and its also n exercise of your fingers n hand. Its like you are working out your fingers, so it takes time , but plz never give up, keep practicing you will get it for sure !!
    Cheers
    RAhul

11. mani_manu

mani_manu New Member

gud suggestion..

12. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

Mr_Perfect .. Hulk hogan here.
    Take your advise and stick it up your tiny *beep*

*Stares*