Barre Chords - HELP

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by smitzonian, Sep 5, 2006.

1. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@sPy

u use "2" to barre the fourth fret?? i either use "3" (still practicin to barre properly) or usually "2-3-4" :eek::

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@Jozko

oh yes..thanx for pointing it!
    my mistake..have corrected it now

3. smitzonian

smitzonian New Member

Thanks IGTians

Thanks Vini , jozko , arnold ....for all the help , sorry was out of town ..t hus the late response .... the stuff i have on barre chcords is awesome. ... vini thanks for putting it in such detail.... guys one more thing right now changing fmor one barre to another seems tough ... just wnat some re assurance that things will get better with practice? :)

4. vini

vini Repeat Offender

Absolutely...wid time n practice,..its gonna be ok! dont give up :)

5. jozko

jozko Banned

i had put link to a chord chart file. Here's one with suggested FINGER positions as well. https://www.webslapper.com/chords.pdf Print it out. Actually I thought I had linked to this file in the earlier post. It is more informative that that. The other is good too

yes vini obviously typo but some might follow.. u know. That's why i said link to good charts, rgds

@smitzonian
    yes practice. I'd say learn as patterns of fingershapes, changes are easier then. An excellent song to start is "sitting waiting wishing" by Jack Johnson. U can learn it in a short time and feel confident. do try. rgds

6. subbu567

subbu567 New Member

Hi

Pl refer to the site and click on the chord shapes for alternative ways inclduing barre chords..trust this helps

Simply put the most poular shapes are E shape and A shape...F major on the first fret barred is E shape...2nd Fret barred with your index ring and pinkie in the same position is F# and the 3rd G major and so on.

just take out middle from the fret the chord becomes corresponding minor..there are likewise similar shapes for 7th Maj 7th,Minor 7th,Sus4 and so on...Have fun

Here you just use your Middle,Ring and Pinkie for E shape and use the index for barring the fret

In A shape

you use index finger for barring the fret(and muting the 6th E string) and use the ring finger for barring only B,G&D strings..on the third fret from the index finger including the barred fret..

First and 3rd fret barred such gives Bb or A# chord,the second and 4th gives you B.third C and so on....Here again when you use Am shape it becomes minor....

I recently struggled a lo t with bar chords(and struggling still...)but its worth it....You can possibly mentally remember around 70 chords by understaning the bar chords shapes...

Happy learning

www.chordie.com/chords.php

subbu

7. smitzonian

smitzonian New Member

Thanks Subbu !