Barre Chords - HELP

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by smitzonian, Sep 5, 2006.

1. smitzonian

smitzonian New Member

Hi i recently played the Barre F major Chord , and it sound simply fantastic so iam motivated to learn all the chords in the Barre format.... is there some sheet i can get access to which shows me the formation of most barre chords? or is there any website i can refer to ....

Thanks
    smitzonian

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

all major and minor chords etc,. can be played barred..just search for any chord and see its barred position..and learn all one by one

iL tell u one funda--

e-1-----
    b-1-----
    g-1--2---
    d-1----3- = F
    a-1----3-
    e-1-----

move one fret up/right..that is>

e-2-----
    b-2-----
    g-2--3---
    d-2----4- = F#
    a-2----4-
    e-2-----
    so, everytime uL move one fret up the chord would become half step up..so following this pattern..u keep moving fret by fret..in same finger position u again move one fret up it would become "G" now...hope u got this.

in this fashion..if u remove ur finger from G string that chord would become minor..like>>

e-1-----
    b-1-----
    g-1-- ---
    d-1----3- = Fminor
    a-1----3-
    e-1-----

now with the same style..see this>

e-1-----
    b-1---3--
    g-1---3---
    d-1---3--- = A# or Bb
    a-1------
    e-1-----

now again if u move one fret up/right..the chord would also become half step up..like>>
    e-2-----
    b-2---4--
    g-2---4---
    d-2---4--- = B
    a-2------
    e-2-----

so on so forth!

do reply if u have any queries...all the best!

3. cumming soon

cumming soon Banned

thanks vini . useful nfo

4. vini...what bout the finger positioning....

5. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

@vipin there is i think no hard n fast rule abt playing chords ie in terms of finger's to be used ie if u use i dont know how many fingers to conver the required portion of the fretboard n produce the desired sound then its ok i think esp the eg chord B part technically u r supposed to cover the 3 4th frets using one finger but many guitarists use 2 fingers to cover that area

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

exactly..no hard n fast rule! if u can barre then very well..other wise u can use ur othr 3 fingers..like i do! coz i can only barre wid my index finger.

example-
    e-1-----
    b-1-----
    g-1--2[2]---
    d-1----3[4]-
    a-1----3[3]-
    e-1-----
    and
    e-1-----
    b-1-----3[4]-
    g-1----3[3]-
    d-1----3[2]-
    a-1----
    e-1-----
    or if u can barre..then barre all three using ur ring finger

* 2-middle, 3-ring, 4-pinky

as u like..

7. @spy..yeah u r right..but i cant play B chord with just two fingers...

@vini im talking bout the B chord... u play B with two fingers?

8. vini

vini Repeat Offender

u didnt say if ur talking about B chord..did u?? ru ok? lol..anyways...here is it>

e-2-----
    b-2---4--[4]
    g-2---4--[3]
    d-2---4--[2]
    a-2------
    e-2-----

it can even be barred with ring finger, the fourth fret i mean!!

Devilshly_Pur$ likes this.
  9. ^ so u play like this...and believe me i was talkng bout B chord..because u cant play F chord with two fingers...

SIMPLE!!!

10. .:SpY_GaMe:.

for the B chords its one finger for the barre and one for the 4 frets but most of us use 2 do u use 3 vini???thats what ur diagram shows?

11. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

@Spy
    I dont see any 3rd fret used in B Chord.

12. hmm..point...mistake...

vini likes this.
  13. .:SpY_GaMe:.

ahhh mistake mistake(i really need some sleep )
    :eek::
    its 4th fret :eek:: :eek:: :eek:: :eek::

14. Morbid_Angel

i use all my four fingers to play B chord..i dont barre 4th fret with the ring finga.

15. ^ yeah same with me...

16. jozko

jozko Banned

no stiff rules, i think. for B barre I learned with index & pinky. now i use index and ring. Personally i think lesser the fingers used, the better.

e-2-----
    b-2----4[4]-
    g-2----4[3]-
    d-2----4[2]-
    a-2----
    e-2-----

is tough for me. Many situations require B note as bass than F# so I barre 2 with index and also mute bass E with it. put ring on 4th

www.jguitar.com is a good chord source folks

17. .:SpY_GaMe:.

nice link!!

18. jozko

jozko Banned

simtzonian, have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barre_chords for basic info. practice barre, they r easier than open ones in no time. Even learning two patterns help u play countless songs,
    rgds

19. Morbid_Angel

20. jozko

jozko Banned

wrong chord diagram, i think. To learn chords, beginners better refer to std documents or charts than member postings here. Typos and wrong charts teach u wrong things and u may not realize it too. Can waste ur time and unnecessarily strain ur fingers

http://www.guitarnotes.com/guitar/notes2/ultimate.pdf is an excellent source . Print it out. Use fingers u r comfortable with. Learn them as finger patterns than learn one by one