Bar band in Bangalore??

Discussion in 'Form a Band' started by fena, Aug 2, 2013.

1. fena

fena New Member

anyone interested in forming a weekend bar band in bangalore? quiet, soulful, groovy, bluesy, jazzy, rhythm and blues type of music or maybe some classic mellow rock ballads...
    acoustic guitars and/or CLEAN, warm, neck-pickup electric guitar, light percussion, etc..mostly as a cover band but if you can write originals, i'm fine with it too <i suck at song-writing> ..but keeping it simple and nothing serious (read: get a gig everywhere, make it big, let's go national!!? not that kinda band :), just a few guys and possibly gals, having a good time playing music on some day offs )..
    online brainstorming during weekdays, jam on saturdays and/or sundays..setlist can range from acoustified CCR songs, maybe some BB King numbers, eric clapton, jackson browne, softened up beatles songs, grateful dead, marvin gaye, otis redding, motown stuff, we could also go for some simplified jazz standards <i'm not really good at jazz though>, some norah jones number, western country music or maybe some modern ones like john mayer or amos lee..

btw, i'm a bassist who can't sing for shit; so like-minded guitarists, vocalists, percussionists, keys player, etc are welcome. age-no-bar. gender-no-bar.

anyone up for it?? just leave a reply or PM.

2. fena

fena New Member

bump....no one?

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

wow.
    This looks great.
    Only issue is that I am quite a distance away .....

I actually love the "unplugged" sound when listening to live music.

4. fena

fena New Member

dang it man, that sucks...been trying to put together this band for a few months now! still going nowhere! everybody wants to "rock the stage" these days...

5. fena

fena New Member

got two guitarists...percussion and vocals and vibes/keys..still open

6. fena

fena New Member

bump.......

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Funny, looks like I am the only one viewing this thread after every "bump" ...

8. fena

fena New Member

haha, yea...this will be the last reply/ "bump"...guess i'll have to move on and search somewhere else..it seems the kind of music i'm proposing does not go down well with the general population over here. see you around.

9. bluesy

bluesy New Member

Singer alert

Hi fena, guess you can figure out what kind of music I like with my ID

I have pretty similar taste in blues apart from rock, pop/rock. Lemme know if you are still looking

10. jyotsna_k

jyotsna_k New Member

hey!id be interested in forming this band and jamming at bars/lounges over the weekends.Im a vocalist.

11. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

Let me know if there's any update on this. I can get a few contracts for you guys, depending on what music you plan to play.

12. jyotsna_k

jyotsna_k New Member

Im in!lemme know if you guys are too

13. bluesy

bluesy New Member

Vocalist here into Blues and Classic rock............and blues rock too!

14. coldpause

coldpause New Member

Hi, you probably got a lot of vocalists already but incase you are still looking for one, I'd be interested to give it a try. Acoustified stuffs sounds pretty good to me. Mostly I'm just lookin to jam with other musicians. It shouldn't be so hard to just have a nice easy jam sessions learning from each other, but that seems to be the case.

15. thunderstorm29

thunderstorm29 New Member

I am a beginner guitarist from Bangalore Hanumanthnagar. Been playing since a year and a half. I play a bunch of chords for now, would surely like to improve my skills by joining a band etc. If interested, please PM me
    Thank you

16. fena

fena New Member

already got a guitarist bro.

17. fena

fena New Member

need a cajon player for this band. anyone?