Bangalore renamed to Banglauru what do u think ??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by thecoolone, Dec 13, 2005.

1. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

what do u guys thing about the name change of bangalore our garden city ??
    personally i think its just a waste of time and resources. why change something when it aint broken.

2. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

what's it changed to???

3. Jean_Luc_Picard

Jean_Luc_Picard New Member

uggg.. Bengalooru... carp.....

4. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Its okey to name your city in your language. But I dont see much point either as Bnagalore has been Bangalore for a long time and all of us were used to it. Personally I feel name change does not serve any purpose at all. There are many more imp issues to address here in Bangalore like condition of roads, traffic etc etc.... which is getting worse everyday. The name chnage is just another populist step by the govt...

5. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

Political Propaganda... "Bangalore" Rocks !!!!

6. thecoolone

yeah "bangalore rocks"
    "bengalooru suxx"

someone make the Karnataka CM realize what a BIG mistake he is doing.

7. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Well i guees i'll have to change my address now

8. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

We all have to!!!!!

9. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Renaming cities is a stupid idea and results in a lot of unnecessary paperwork (not to mention expense) for businesses (imagine how many letterheads/visiting cards etc. companies like Infosys will have to reprint once the name has been officially changed). I wish they would concentrate on more important issues facing the country.

10. thecoolone

just look at the roads in the city !!

11. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

well its just natural i guess....renaming states/cities= adding the finishing touches to a perfect country. this is the only burning issue left to take care of, since india has pretty much taken care of all the other problems it has : poverty, corruption, literacy, public infrastructure etc.

12. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

:RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol:

Good one. And just a correction: India hasnt really got rid of literacy (i agree that literacy is a PROBLEM too)

13. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Agreed

Equally stupid is renaming schools, colleges, Railway stations, Airports. Unfortunately Mumbai is undergoing that. Sometime back they renamed both the national and international airports to Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport.....so you have to clarify with the cab/rik driver where do u wanna go. On top of that the railway station Victoria Terminus was also renamed to Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus.

Soon all roads will be named as Chhatrapati Shivaji Marg and in a few decades Mumbai will be known as Chhatrapati Shivaji Mahanagar.

14. astroguru26

astroguru26 New Member

check the numerologist...whose idea got the nod of all..............hmmmmm

my dil goes hmmmm...

rohit
    astroguru26

15. viveka

viveka New Member

Hey guys can any one give the tabs for "tum dil ki dadkan" song in sa re ga ma notations?

16. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

Stupids who were responsible for renaming bombay, calcutta, chennai have to be blamed first. It's all bcoz of those bstards, which made people to think 'why not we rename our city too'.
    I bet they wouldn't hv thought about the name if the city wasn't developed this far. Why cant the rename mangalore to mengaluru? If they are so concerned about city names, let them rename every place in karnataka (or even whole india).
    I think the CM should also have local significant name. Dharam reddy or Dharam byregowda.

Let it be called as Bengaluru in their language, but wish english pronounciation remains the same as Bangalore.
    Bengaloor was the original name, but still in english we called Bangalore.
    Just like Dhilli how they call in hindi and it's spelled Delhi in eng.

17. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

The renaming is to please the local VOTERS !!!!!!!! And ALL THE GREAT HEROs who GIVE these bloody funds DONT VOTE ......
    So wht the hell . they try to impress the voters ...
    None here have the bloody right to speak of politicians ...
    THEY ARE NOT elected by voting ... BUT ELECTED bcoz of ppl like u GIVING Fundas and not voting ...
    IF ALL EDUCATED ppl vote ... THE GOVT WILL try to impress the EDUCATED Crowd ......
    Why should they bother about someone who doesnt bother about the democarcy or any other crap ........

STOP GIVING these fundas and be sensible .........

AND with Bengaluru ....... Yup its always been Bengaluru in Kannada .. even with educated ppl ... So is the thing with Tamil .. they call it bengaluru when they spk in Tamil .......

Its only the Firangs and the confused northies who call it Bangalore ....
    Anyway it wont make any diff as the Firangs cant even pronounce it ... They'll call it the same but write something else ..........

18. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

Nice one...sums it up :p:

19. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

Yes, All educated people don't vote.
    But even if you decide to vote, how many options do u hv? Whoever u elect they will be of same trend.. Say if Azim premji or Narayana murthy stand all educated guys will think 'ok, they are successful men, they can lead' and will hv some confidence. (Azim and Narayan are just examples, to point out voting to uknown guys).

And who cares to stand in queue to punch ur vote? IT has grown up so high, they should come with other options, like a poll website where you can vote. (provided each guy should have a unique ID to login, say ration card number or citizenship ID whatever). Things like this can't be done immediately, but it can be thought about.

20. viveka

viveka New Member

please someone helppppppppp