Bangalore Musicians / Music Scene

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ronnieanand, Sep 23, 2005.

1. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

yeah we'll have that somewhere in the end of march coz i have my exams till 22nd.i wanna try ronnies chessboard and alpha's guitars.:)

2. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Ok i heard the "THE BLUES BROTHERS" are coming to bangalore. If someone knows more details about this please enlighten me. Even though i cant go becoz of exams :mad: i'd still like to know details.

3. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

yeah i think tey're comin in some festival thing.chk the papers.:)

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i heard a few bangaloorru bands play in the FM sponsored competition a few years back, anchored by one priya ganapathy (miss lingolila). most sucked, and some sucked serious ass.

one band tried to do a jim morrison kind of "poetry recital" (a la "then he walked on down the hall" part of "the end") song, for which they should be flogged. most of the bands admitted doing some sort of software job by day to help pay their bills, and judging by the way they sounded, they are far better off sticking to software.

TAAQ for some time looked poised to fill in millenium's shoes (that was a good band), but after hearing their ghatam laced jupiter cafe, i highly doubt it.

has anyone heard of a band called "warden" from mysore?? i heard they were pretty good.

5. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

I've heard of TAAQ and a friend of mine knows Bruce Lee Mani(TAAQ's guitarist). name for the band actually means Three Mals(Mallyalis)and a Quarter Mal.it eventually became Thermal And a Quarter.

6. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

TAAQ is too good. You should here intermission (nice blues instrumental), Bruce is amazing. You can get their new album for free download from their web

7. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

savenish isnt bad and jupiter cafe is decent.
    taaq=5/10 at best

8. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

guys guess Wax from christ college is really good they're gonna be on Radiocity this weekend.they went till the campus rock idols finals i guess.

9. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

i think SYNAPSE is really good.i heard that thier guitarist Satchit play even with his tounge and feet.i wonder how far its true but there are many who've told me that.

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Bend the World is a very nice song by TAAQ, the rest of the album was kinda boring.

11. Double Click

Double Click New Member

1. What Instrument You Play -- Guitar

2. What Band You Play and What Style -- Currently not in any band due to lack of gear :mad: . Right now all I do is jam with a friend on weekends.

3. Influences -- SRV, Hendrix, BBKing, ZZ Top, Pink Floyd, Queen

4. Your Music Style -- Mostly Rock, but I play all kinds of music (or try to)

5. Any Gig in the immediate future -- Kinda... We're havin a small party in college and a couple of us are going to play there :beer:

12. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

hey man tell me which college ur in and where exactly do you live.

13. Double Click

Double Click New Member

I'm in AIT...Thats rite AIT....No thats not a typo....No its not SIT, BIT, VIT or IIT.... Its in anandnagar...(sorry....just my lil FAQ for ppl who've neva heard of it :wink: )

I stay in anandnagar close to the Hebbal flyover..and you?

14. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

Arekere in Bannerghatta road.man opposite ends.

15. pavandude

pavandude New Member

1. What Instrument You Play. GUITAR[and vox]
    2. What Band You Play and What Style. MetalUrge[still trying to make it]
    3. Influences. Pantallica
    4. Your Music Style. Heavy Metal +
    5. Any Gig in the immediate future. None

16. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Bassy needed

A friend of mine is looking for a bassy

They play stuff like Pantera, Judas Priest, Megadeth & Own comps (the own comps are pretty good)

PM me if you are interested and I'll give you their contact details.

17. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Contact Nanda...he might help u out if he is not playing for any other band

18. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

Hey this blore forum is goin great guns..me recently got relocated to blore...Feels good to be a part of the rockin group..By the way ronnie , sorry for not calling ...Plannin to call u on this weekend..got a lil busy with ma job.

19. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

We should plan out an IGT Bangalore meet.

20. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

yup .how bout having it in april ?i'll be thru with ma exams.