Bangalore Musicians / Music Scene

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ronnieanand, Sep 23, 2005.

1. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

well, thats what i heard so in news...they said roads in blore are finally devoloping..using some plastic recycling t4echinique or sumthing!

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Read that again. It must be human waste recycling.

Anyway Karnataka now ranks 1st as the most corrupted state in India. :rock: :nw: :beer:

3. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

now thats newz!

4. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Chintan

1. What Instrument You Play.
    Guitar

2. What Band You Play and What Style.
    I play lead guitar for a band called Premonition. We are basically old school thrash metal.
    https://www.rsjonline.com/bandlands/Band.asp

3. Influences.
    Guitarists - Michael Romeo, Alex Skolnick, Marty Friedman, James Murphy, Mattias IA Eklundh(Freak Kitchen RULEZ!!!!), Jennifer Garner, Jeff Loomis, Chuck Shuldiner, Chris Oliva.
    Bands- Death, Megadeth, Carcass, Annihilator, Testament, Iced Earth, Atheist,In Flames, Savatage, Nevermore,Nightwish, Freak Kitchen and Pain of salvation.

4. Music Style.
    Listen to everything from jazz to Death metal.
    But I kinda prefer technical metal . Bands like Atheist, Cynic, Gorguts, Death, Spiral Architect rule!!!

5. Any Gig in the immediate future.
    NLS- strawberry fields- Nov 11,12,13(2005)

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

I was expecting Petrucci on tht list after tht.....:p:

anyway...glad to see someone who follows symphony x

6. ronnieanand

@Chintan,
    What is the NLS Strawberry Fields event. I heard people talk about that. Last year I was supposed to play for a band just for that gig. I ditched it because of some work schedule.

7. chintan9

Strawberry Fields
    arguably, one of the biggest there is in terms of rock music in India, over the last eight years Strawberry Fields, National Law School’s annual rock show, has managed to garner for itself the reputation of not only being massive in terms of attendance and band participation but also tries to set new standards in being one of the best organized ones. and this year, just like all years, our aim to make it an event to remember long after the dust has settled on Palace Grounds.

described as “...India’s best rock fest” by The Week magazine, Strawberry Fields is held over three days, two days of prelims followed with the grand-finale on sunday evening featuring 5 of the best participating bands, with a professional act as the headliner.

from an audience perspective, it gives people a unique chance to see many established and upcoming Indian bands from across the country – more than fifty bands usually end up participating in the prelim rounds for a place in the coveted finals although only five make the final cut.

for competing bands, this is an opportunity to make their mark, earn a reputation etc. etc. over the years, Strawberry Fields has been the platform that has catapulted bands from diverse roots and regions into the proverbial spotlight. from Threinody to Buddha’s Babies to Kryptos this one show has seen them all. NLS 2003 saw Medicis rise from relative obscurity to the top of everyone’s list of bands to watch after they won the event. NLS 2004 saw Bhayanak Maut deservedly return victorious with the winners’ cheque. and the list goes on….

while only five will make it into the finals (last year saw Black Earth, Garage Monsters Inc., Bhayanak Maut, Bhoomi and Paroussia slugging it out in the finals), the journey is the reward here – “performed at NLS Strawberry Fields” is a coveted tag by most bands.

the event is held at Bangalore’s Palace Grounds - a ground large enough to accomodate audiences in excess of 50,000. while the event isn’t likely to attract just SO many people, it got close to shattering the 10,000 mark last year, and shouldn't have much of a problem doing so this year. in fact 10-12000 would be a safe (if slightly optimistic Cool ) estimate.

8. chintan9

Not a huge Petrucci fan da. Sorry ;)

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

haha...I was just kidding man.....neway...all the best with the gig :beer:

10. ronnieanand

@Chintan. Cool info. Thanks man. How do we register to play there. What is the procedure.

11. chintan9

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Will Keep You Informed Dont Worry.

12. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

hey all bangaloreans in here !!
    anything new happenin in blore's metal scene these days ?? any cool gigs on the way ??
    plzz do post any info u knw of any metal gigs happenin in blore !

thanx
    ROCK ON Dude's !!

13. westarend

westarend New Member

Wat i play : acoustic guitar, electric too but only rhythm ( i dont hav an electric guit.....but i borrow it), and learnin to play bass guitar, and vocals. ( throated and melodic too...) but i suck.....i guess ( but i hope not....)

The band i play in : i play in my college band. nothings much happenin. we just formed ....like 6 months earlier. we hav just come up with two ocs. we covered maiden- trooper ( i throated for tat.....) and sabbath....metallica.

Influences: james hetfield ( the tru rockstar....!), dave mustaine, tom araya, chuck shuldner......and to some extent.....kurt cobain. lamb of god, death,metallica, megadeth.....and so on

Gigs: played only thrice.........twice in coll and once in an intercollege fest.

14. westarend

westarend New Member

Wat i play : acoustic guitar, electric too but only rhythm ( i dont hav an electric guit.....but i borrow it), and learnin to play bass guitar, and vocals. ( throated and melodic too...) but i suck.....i guess ( but i hope not....) :think:

The band i play in : i play in my college band. nothings much happenin. we just formed ....like 6 months earlier. we hav just come up with two ocs. we covered maiden- trooper ( i throated for tat.....) and sabbath....metallica. :band:

Influences: james hetfield ( the tru rockstar....!) :nw: , dave mustaine, tom araya, chuck shuldner......and to some extent.....kurt cobain. lamb of god, :rock: death,metallica, megadeth.....and so on

Gigs: played only thrice.........twice in coll and once in an intercollege fest.

15. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Does someone mind making this thread sticky , i dont know how to do it. Its a pretty useful thread for bangaloreans.

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Cool. Why dont ya have some IGT meet?

17. sridhar11_2

Would love to but setting a time is kinda tough. Plus it's exam time for all schools and PU colleges.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

K
    Anyway now this thread is sticky.

Guitar boy likes this.
  19. sridhar11_2

Thanks for making this one sticky

20. ronnieanand

@Sridhar. Good job for initiating Bangalore IGT members.