Bands that have sold-out

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by death_metal_fan, Jan 9, 2005.

1. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yp...thts exactly what i too want to ask, when did G3 sell out?
    As far as Satch goes Strange Beautiful Music was as good as Surfing with the Alien,(not heard "is there love in space?")..in fact his style is signature and hasnt changed one bit.

2. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

he he...lolz many guys arguing wid jay...i think jay will say now "this thread is stupid." :p: :p:

3. propellerhead

propellerhead Banned

i went to a joe satraini concert.. it was "sold out"

4. propellerhead

propellerhead Banned

i hate joe satriani he is full of ego. he considers all of us trained monkeys. thats what he said in this interview. he said people who just play regular position chords and barre chords r trained monkeys. so joe satriani considers 99.99% of IGTians trained monkeys.

5. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

who says G3 havent sold out? i challange that statement.

6. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

Kurt committed sucide because nirvana songs were being playing on main streanm radio sandwqiched between madonna and whiteney houston..
    so he though he had inadverdentl;y sold out. the mtv unplugged thingie was the last straw.. he was in 2 minds tro do it.. then nirvana went ahead and did that soft muishy sissy unniravanaish ****ed up unplugged.. which the mainstream critics immidiatley rated as the best nirvana work ever...
    he couldnt take it.. so he shot himself.
    may his soul rip.

7. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

@propellerhead, with respect to you, i dont know about the word "trained" but the latter surely does apply!
    @jayswami, we werent challenging your statement sir or atleast i wasnt, i just wanted to know why you thought G3 sold out, that's all.

8. tejas

tejas ..........

Okay Jay, i challege u. Why do u think they sold out. And like i said before Cobain didnt kill himself because he was 'inadverdently' selling out (lol), but because he finally realised he was a loser.

death_metal_fan likes this.
  9. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Reputation to you for that statement sir.

10. tejas

tejas ..........

^^ Gee...Thanks DMF.

11. propellerhead

propellerhead Banned

if i could cut in.. it was not just madonna and whitney houston who killed kurt.. but also that bitch courtney love.. she drove him to suicide..

12. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@jay....wat i heard was....kurt committed suicide mainly bcuz he had problems wid courtney (she was doing double time)...i have his suicide note (cudn't understand his handwriting!!).
    in most cases, ppl commit suicide if they have personal problems involving mostly wid problems in family. i dont think a man wid such a powerful lyrics wud hv done dat just was his music was played along wid madonna n' watever. comeon...dat doesnt make any logical sense to commit suicide! :shock:
    have also heard frm a nirvana die-hard-fan chick dat he was killed by love and the suicide was a made up story coz later on she was getting his property and she got it. abt $127 million. :shock:....dunno the truth.