Bajaao.com is UNRELIABLE, would not order from them again

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by shailm, Jan 16, 2012.

1. shailm

shailm New Member

Mods please delete

this was about bajaao, but i wont add more till later.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hah, looks like some misunderstanding?
    Or haste?

3. shailm

shailm New Member

Neither, it was anger. And since then, they have contacted me, so let's see if they can make amends.
    Will update later.
    Side note, how does one delete a thread?

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

bajaao sucks donkey balls..

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Any updates on this?

6. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

They are definitely unreliable when its about conveying the delivery, shipping dates...Hate them for that. But no issues with the final products untill now.

7. vendettarevived

vendettarevived New Member

It'd be good if the OP can shed some more light on whether they made it right.

8. shailm

shailm New Member

No updates yet, was told that the specific product would be delivered to me last week, after e-mailing them I was informed it would take another "12-15 days", I'll give them till March 5, after which I'll consider it a lost cause.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Write off as bad debt?

10. vendettarevived

vendettarevived New Member

If you don't mind, what is the price of the stuff you ordered? I'd suggest calling them, speak to someone important and tell them that you plan to go to the consumer court if they don't deliver! In my experience, vendors tremble just by the mere mention of it!

And if you don't want to write it off as a bad debt (which I personally would never do), you can actually take them to consumer court. It's a fairly simple process from what I understand.

11. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

I was almost going to buy from bajaao, the PRS SE custom 24 but the guy from musicians mall stopped me, i dont know if i did the right thing. But now looking at this thread it seems like i did tthe right thing.

12. shailm

shailm New Member

luckily (unluckily?) this was supposed to be cash on delivery. I would hope that they would probably have been more responsible if they had actually collected payment.

@ayu135- To be honest I don't like those musicians mall (marine lines, mumbai) guys, they don't really know anything about the gear they sell,and they'll **** you around saying they can get a certain piece of gear when they can't.
    The only trustworthy shop(in my very limited experience, in Mumbai) is Furtado's, at least they're friendly, will try their level best to help you (even if its not in their interest). Though they too have issues, sell tube amps, but can't replace tubes, don't necessarily have a lot of stuff in stock all the time etc.
    The state of gear related stuff is just so poor right now, its crying out for someone to come in and take control of the market, though it might have to be an international company like guitar center/sam ash type thing, someone with enough money to keep all advertised products in stock.

13. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

I didnt like them per se, but then only they were able to get me the guitar and amp i wanted all the rest had flatly refused, also he had bought the amp and guitar for me on no conditions i could walk out without buying if i didnt like it. But then they did things which annoyed me a lot too, they didnt let me try out the gear, i could hardly spend 15 minutes with the guitars. Then they even charged for the pick. I mean i bought nearly 60k worth of stuff from them, still the guy on the counter was like, "Dude that is a rs 23 pick you are asking as freebie". I was like wtf!! They didnt even set up the guitar for me.

I agree the state is indeed pathetic. I live in nagpur and here there is only one decent guitar store and even they dont stock guitars and amp worth more than 10-15k in their shop.

And knowledge about gear is nil, the best experience i had was at bhargavas, bandra. The dude there knew about guitars and actually had some worthwhile suggestions, my only gripe was they didnt have the stuff i was looking for. The guitar tech over there also knows a bit.

14. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

at least there they have amps
    here people dont know what a stompbox is
    also they dont know that which cable should go in a processor/pedals input slot

15. shailm

shailm New Member

@ ayu135- My friend, when he started learning the guitar, went and bought strings (worth rs450 or so) from them, and they wanted to charge him rs 150 to put the strings on his guitar! If you probably take strings and guitar bought from somewhere else to Furtado's, they'd probably put the strings on for you for free.
    I was trying to buy a Boss TR2 pedal from them, they told me they'd get it for me, and told me to come by the next week. They did that thrice. At the end of 3 weeks they told me they couldn't get it. The staff is incredibly rude, and have no knowledge, though the last part is true for practically all stores.
    Also apparently Bhargava's Musik, Bhargava's Music and Musicians Mall are all related or something.

16. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Bajaao buy stuff from Furtados. Bhargavas, Musicians mall and furtados compete with each other in this business..Have really bad experiences with musicians mall.

The guys at Furtados didnt know what DiMarzio brand was.....They knew about SD and others but not that...That was a shame.

Bajaao would have delayed it all the more if u wud have paid the money earlier. U r saved.

17. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

I didn't like bajaao.com when I was looking for a guitar plus accessories. But the place they get their products from is good. Lots of varieties.
    But nothing can outclass Furtados. They stock almost every model. The only disadvantage is you get confused if you don't know exactly which product you want.