Back on the stage after so long: Playing Sayonee

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by shubhamAT, May 24, 2012.

1. shubhamAT

shubhamAT New Member

Hi Guys,

Had a chance to perform on stage on a very short notice this Tuesday. Had never played Sayonee on stage earlier. The other guys also don't play/sing very regularly. It was kind of a rag-tag arrangement at the last moment to act as a filler in a mostly karaoke show.

Have a look:
    Waves performing Sayonee at HP Campus, Bangalore. - YouTube

Made few mistakes here and there, mainly coz i was nervous. The solo: I had simplified a bit especially wherever there were bends. If i were playing it alone it would have been a shade better for the simple fact that there would have been no stage fright. Hope to get better if i get more chances.

2. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Hey it was good...I have played that song on stage too once....

Over all u did pretty good..The main riff could have been much better and solo was good but somehow the guitar tone didn't go with the overall tone of the song...But u did a good job with the solo...
    Didn't feel that u were nervous at all...

The camera guy should get one kick in his BUTTS for focusing on the wrong people during the main parts of the song.....

Good going !!!!!

3. shubhamAT

shubhamAT New Member

Thanks a lot for your feedback. The last part of the main riff is where i fuzz things up, but trust me i am much better with the riff/solo when i am alone :). Also, for the tone i agree it does not sound right to the audience even though i was directly plugged in to the PA system. However, on my amp which i used as a monitor (connected to cd-in) or on headphones the tone sounded nice.