Back due to popular demand......Ask me anything!!!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by vivo_b, Sep 30, 2005.

1. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

are y vivo yaar........baag gaya kya ??,,, ya answer bhool gaya?:p:

2. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

buAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH..

OWNED!

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

did the world begin from a singularity?
    if blackholes dont emit anything then how come they emit gravitons..(they have to right)
    and someone explain to me hawking radiation....someone sensible...

4. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

some1 please explain 2 me wat...dr saurabh just said !!

5. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

well....bjr u seem to be great are arguing at useless things.....i just asked a simple question to vivo as it's his/her thread and if he'her didn't knew the ans. he/she coulld have told me so.....but you start going on and on writing paragraphs proving that every thing you wrote was right...... anywayz i don't want to go on and on like u do

p.s.:and i sure was not going to ask when were the clothes invented....may be you could try asking it

6. m_waleed86

ques: if black holes suck everything when light????.....then does that mean mean they are invinsible??

7. m_waleed86

ques: did US really land a man on moon

8. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

Yes that is why they are named as black holes ...

there is supposed to be some radiation leaking out due to Heisenberg's incertainity principle, but I cannot be so sure, since everything i read has become too foggy now.

Anyway, there is an event horizon surrounding the black hole (or rather it defines the black hole)

so light nicking event horizon will be bent like hell, so u cannot actually make out if there is a black hole or not

9. shak

shak Harrr!

and doctor suarabh:
    question 1: .. well the thing is ... WHY CANT THINGS ESCAPE THE BLACKHOLE when they enter the event horizon? .. reason ... immense gravity! .. the stars colapses on itself thus havin huge mass density at minimim volume ..this create HUGE gravitational forces .. now waht is gravity? its "gravitons!" ... (particles havin spin 2 1/2 if i rem correctly) .. so gravitons THEMSELVES are responsible for the immense pulling force ..they NEED to be there in the space aorund blackhole .. they themselves are the pullign force ..so they are NOT acted upon byt any external force that would hold them inside the event horizon and not let them escape // so gavitons have to escape to make blackhole what it is ...
    question 2: you need to understand the compton effect for this ..
    a photon can split into two positron and and electron .. (this is one of teh four ways in which a photon can eb split) .. but in normal circumstances..the electron adn positron slam together again to make a photon .. and that happens very quickly .
    btu if compton effect takes place at the rim of the event horizon .. it is possible that the immense gravitional force takes over the elcetrostatic force between an electron positron pair and instead of slamming into each other and forming a photon .. one of the two would be sucked up by the black hole and the other would fly off into the space forming the hawkins radiation ...

10. shak

shak Harrr!

yes they did ..

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

yes, aggression is indeed the best form of defense.

12. shak

shak Harrr!

QUESTION: ... what does A.D stands for? as in christian calendar ..

13. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

Anno Domini - in the year of out lord?

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Anno Domini

15. shak

shak Harrr!

thnks ... could have used wiki for somethign as general as this .. but anyway...thnx

16. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@srk......
    yea i get the idea about the gravitons escaping.....they have to....but then that proves hawking's predicitn of nothing escaping from the black hole wrong.....yea there is hawkings radiation........
    relativity says that nthing is faster tahn light.......thats y light cant escape a black hole........but gravitons escaping would make gravitons faster than light....right?
    like u said......at the event horizon the particles would exists in more layman terms as matter particles and antimatter particles.......( which would be both virtual ) and the particle amtter would get sucked in...making the "virtual" antimatter particle a "real" particle which becomes ur hawking radiation....
    again gravitons escaping would still be faster than light to escape the event horizon....
    even at the event horizon the paritcles wont be sucked in......
    they would be just floating at the event horizon......coz if they were sucked in then the entropy inside the blackhole would increase leading to increase in size....this the event horizon wud change.......
    i dont knw where am trying to get with that:confused:
    anyhow
    doesnt some light does escape at the event horizon....???????

17. shak

shak Harrr!

i think we need to get clear on a few things ...
    the light cannot escape the blackhole ..the reason is not that its fast or something .. but the reason is that the immense gravity around balckhole courves the space(i am talking of time-space wala space) aorund it ... and it a sort of a depression .. through which light cannot escape .. i cant think of any better example then bathroom sink (sorry .. its just me) ,.. the sink has one hole in the middle ..right at the bottom of the sink depression .. let that be the black hole .. the actual rim of the sink would be event horizon ... now let water be the light .. any water sarayed outside the event hoarizon (the rim) would go staraight .. but as soon as it gets inside event horizon .. the "curved space" makes it spiral and eventually it drains down the pipe .. this is what happens in blackhole .. the space around balckhole is curved due to immense gravity and everything just sinks in .. it has nothin to do with speed of light .. now the speed has been mentioned in journals because it is thought that light travelling at high speed should be able to escape the curved space ... as in my example of sink (it really works doesnt it .. maybe i should email this to stephen that i have fouind a good anology for his theory) the water would go in from one end .. go down and due to sheer speed come up at the other end and shoot out from the sink ... in theory it is possible but not even light travellin at high speed can do that trick .. hence cannot escape the balck hole..
    as far as the ammendmant is concerned .. stephen says that he had made a mistake and things can get out from the blackhole ..they can escape the event horizon ..infact balckhole pushes them out .. i havent read in detail about this ammendment .. but the theory has changed .
    adn as far as the entropy goes ..wel its just a measure of disorder and second law of therm says its alwasy on the up ... hence i think it is true for blackholes as well .. the disorder will increase as more matter goes in .. but how would entropy has anything to do with increase in mass ... i dunno what you mean ..

18. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

this is getting too high funda :phbbt:

19. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

When is this thread getting closed??

20. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

hey wizard....this is highly obnoxious a demand...or a query for just 13 posts :p: