AXN Banned in India?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Jan 17, 2007.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

It's a first — according to many a dubious first. Outraged by a programme on AXN, 'World's ***iest Commercials', the government on Wednesday got into the moral policing act and banned the channel until March 15.

In the past, the government might have growled, even barked at 'poor taste' on TV, but it has never bitten off the channel.

The I&B ministry, which was the government’s sword arm in decapitating AXN, said the programme was against ‘good taste or decency’ and was adversely affecting 'public morality'. Only a few days ago, the ministry had ordered two TV channels to apologise for a tasteless Gandhi video.

AXN is primarily an action channel and was broadcasting the ***y ads programme late at night, after 11 pm. According to those who have watched it, these are creative ads with ***ual imagery and overtones, although rarely exposing too much skin. In that sense, it was adult stuff because it required an adult sensibility to react to the programme.

There are some other channels which show bikini-clad women in their late night programmes. Many other channels show movies that have ***ual references or imagery. Which raises the question whether the government has been selective in its action against AXN.

Interestingly, the proposed broadcast Bill recommendations allow adult programming after 11 pm. So, the axe on AXN would appear to be going against the spirit of the recommendations. I&B minister P R Dasmunsi, while announcing the ban, said the broadcast Bill would be brought to Parliament in the Budget session and would address issues of programme content.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/AXN_banned_for_indecent_programme/articleshow/1260124.cms

Have they not seen the stuff they show the saas bahu crap?

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Haha, wow...just utterly stupid. "Hey look we're still poor, backward, and corrupt but alteast we're getting rid of lewd programming. Three cheers for India"

3. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^disturbed: oye mazzey kar tu wahaan, LOL im coming next year.
    Bottomline is India SUX........No Questions asked.

4. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I don't know why people think Americans are ***ually liberated. They're really not.

5. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

changed ya attitute bro!!!
    else u will say the same thing after u get there..
    No place sucks...its the people who make them suck:p:

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

I love those slutty looking saas-bahu vamps.

AXN was crap anyway.

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Then majority of Indians suck.

Well it doesnt make things any better to know that majority of Human Beings also suck.

... And then I am also a human being.
    So I too suck

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

no, they're not but they can watch **** when they want to.

9. death_metal_fan

^ And we cannot why exactly??

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

because it is illegal to broadcast?

Of course, I am not aware about the exact laws so I'd welcome the actual information.

And, about **** on the internet-

Section 67 of the IT Act makes transmission of ****ographic materials an offence, thus making intermediaries (such as Internet Service Providers, Cyber Café owners etc) liable. Section 67 of the IT Act also includes the term, ‘whoever causes to be published’. This phrase is very extensive and has a very wide purview of application.

The possibilities of prospective arrests because of this are limitless. The application of this phrase in its strict sense can make search engines (like Google, Rediff, Yahoo, etc.) and email service providers (such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail etc) liable even though they are not actively involved in the ****ographic transaction.

Which pretty much seems to state that viewing **** is not a crime and broadcasting it is?

11. death_metal_fan

^ Is that so? Damn, I didn't know that. Well I guess no more **** for me. :p:

12. rang de basanti dekh ke aaya hai kya?

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

You may be forced to suck but no one can force you to swallow.

bjr bann'd?

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

<3

I don't think you can be prosecuted. It seems that the viewer can view whatever he/she is allowed to. It is upto the ISP/ internet cafe's to restrict p0rn watching.

15. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

Hypocrits them politicians.

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

[cirb]Hypocrits us Indians. [/crib]

17. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

haha man sayin such stuff is so easy..

18. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Aishwarya Rai shows a lot of cleavage in her latest movie........so Aishwarya Rai banned......What to do with Mallika Sheravat and Rakhi Sawant.......They must be taken to the gallows pole.......

19. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

they should ban Ftv first.

and then there was that russian channel TB6.

20. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

some of the commercials shown on that show were hilarious :)