AV6 vs Epi Elitist SG

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sandeep_, Dec 18, 2007.

1. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

Is the AV6 fine or will the Epi elitist SG kept on sale by nandeh for 26k worth shelling out the extra cash?? I love the LP styled AV guitars and absolutely fell for their crunch and sustain...will the Elitist SG deliver me the same? or i guess more?? Its Elitist,so has all original Gibson components inside it..only the name is Epiphone..damn am i confused again :(

I wouldnt mind shelling out the 6k if at the end of the day i am not going to regret the decision of spending so much on a second hand guitar.

2. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

At about 20K, the Elitist would be better. See if you can get it w/o the case. Then its worth it.

3. nandac

nandac New Member

the advantage of buying a gently used guitar is that it is already broken in and pretty much ready to play. and any intrinsic faults of a new guitar which you would not initially know, would already be out in the open by this time. and good quality guitars like wine get better with age due to the wood getting seasoned over time (and often sell at a higher price - check the price of fender 57 or 58 strats or old gibsons on ebay).

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

I would say get the Elitist. Why settle for an AV when the Elitist is obtainable? Plus SGs are a tad more versatile.

5. ShivanikHendrix

ShivanikHendrix New Member

go 4 the sg i think epiphone is better than greg bennett plus sgs rock \m/
    nandacs rite abt the old the merrier