Auto Custom Titles for different Forums

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by amit82cse, Feb 14, 2006.

1. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

I would like see different custom titles for different forums. Specially "Lyrics and Poems". Its look odd that people are given title as "guitarist" though they have build their IGT life around poetry alone. How good will it be to give them titles which best describe their interests?

I know through uShop one can change the title but I am here talking about auto generated custom titles depending upon your number of posts.

Thanks to reading the suggestion.

-aMit

2. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

^^i agree...good suggestion.

3. metal_fan69

metal_fan69 To Live Is To Die

yes ... good suggestion

and one more thing... somebody do something about rightclick

4. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

^^use opera;)

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

use shift + click to open in a new window

6. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

What do you suggest we replace them with?

7. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

^ I think, he says that there must be options in the store. Different ones for poetry, spam, music, etc.

8. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Well.. wat i understand from Amit's suggestion is...we automatically change user titles for a user..when he enter Poetry forum.. and when he enter's Chit-Chat..

So say..for CC, say we have 'He is hilarious'.. and for the same user, for Poetry, we have 'He is a Lover'..

Well...this sounds nice.. but if implemented.. i can only see wars of titles going on!
    Cos, ppl dont like mingling with there titles..
    Its like a STATUS Id ;)

Think about it.. if you all wants your titles to be dominated by us :grin: :grin:

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

9. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

I think wat he's sayin is dat .. after say 200 posts .. da auto generated custom title is TABBER isn't it ? so .. I guess he's sayin dat jz givin da person da title of TABBER on da basis of no. of posts won't make sense .. I guess da easiest solution is to give auto generated titles like -- Newbie, Beginner, ...... renowned .. etc . . somethin which is NON guitar related ?? wat say ?

Or else da auto title should be intelligent enuff .. to generate a title acc to da no. of posts in da diff forums .. e.g if his clear cut majority posts are in Poetry then .. "Shayar" ??

10. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

on firefox, middle click to open in new tab :) or press ctrl +click :) :)

11. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

Here is what I can think of new style...

<user name>
    [name using which you have registered to IGT, can't be changed]

<status>
    [a status given to you by IGT like forum leader, admin, veteran etc, can't be changed by user, it describes what responsibility you have and what amazing work you have done so far]

<custom title>
    [this is the fun part, for every user IGT will generate name for you, common for all forums, will depend on your number of posts, categories could be "Newbie", "Beginner", "Expert", "Super User", theme here is to show how well you know IGT, how much time you have spent here irrespective of forum.

Once you go through these stages then you much have earned enough points to buy <custom title> and now you have option to choose different custom titles for different category of forums like...

Tabs forum
    Lyrics forum
    Yourband forum
    Rest

Depending upon your buying capacity, you will purchase custom-title and using these settings IGT will show your custom-title of the forum you are visiting at that time]