Attention All MEN!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by komal29, Dec 23, 2011.

1. komal29

komal29 New Member

The headline caught your attention and if it brought you here.Then the purpose of the thread is served.
    There was a serious discussion about 'real men' at one of the non related thread at which there were so many posts from men.Some seem to be confused with the aspect as from their post it was visible that they are still 'mentally teenagers' who seem to carry on the beliefs that was instilled in them from their forefathers n old society.Some seem to have 'self proclaimed' opinions..Some seem to have real sensible thoughts which are quite rational in accordance to the present modern world and women empowered society.Thats what triggered me to know the definition of 'A Real MAN'-MAN is the masculine gender am speaking about.This is not any For-Against thread.Its just all about opinions of men in practical society.So please refrain from starting discussions or comments about others opinion..its a humble request.and i will be the first one to follow it.No judging comments will be issued from my side[may be will issue appreciation to 'REAL MEN' if i found them worthy here].Also Please maintain dignity and take care about the posts not being too sleazy[i know many of you may be having extreme fantasies[no judgements] n u may want them to be fulfilled to feel a 'REAL MAN'.Consider that its a public forum and hence maintain sanity.This thread has been started to hear the woes of 'MEN' population.To be frank,i feel sorry for them,as they are caught up and confused these days esp about what and how they should be.They are told be a gentleman,at the same time they are called GAY if they are one!..
    Tell me..I know defintions are all subjective.So dont try explaining subjective and general opinions. I personally wanna know What according to you is the real definition of A MAN..Keep aside your rational mind,arguing mind and without hesitating about being judged..Answer from Heart..Who is a real MAN according to you..even if the definition belongs to cavesman era...No probs

Who is a REAL MAN?What are the qualities of a real man?How do you feel about the changing perception of what a man is and should be? How much of a REAL MAN are you according to you own definition[For eg..if you think real men are dominant,state how dominant are you to be a real man].Kindly quote real incidents with women if possible to share your woes where u were confused about your role as a MAN in the modern society..

dedicated to all Men..
    Komal :)

2. anisha_astrolog

anisha_astrolog New Member

this is a very sensible thread. though i am a woman i know many men who have confused definitions of a real men. trust me times have changed, we have discarded the old beliefs that had nothing to do with logic and reasoning. now a person who has a clear and impartial outlook is considered to be real. a real man is one who is firm enough to stand his grounds a nd also oppose what he thinks is wrong on the premises of humanity. there should be no who is superior question involved.

3. arniehawk

arniehawk New Member

well in my opinion A "Real" man is just that real. As in honest. Honest with himself. Honest with others. He doesn't need to hide behind masks of false pretenses and lies.

4. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

am 18 and have a teenagers mind...and i love it :)

5. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

you are taking the word 'real' a bit too seriously

6. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

im still on it..ders no real definition of a real man which implies to every man present in this universe.

7. Morbid_Angel

i think by real man it's implied 'ideal man'. so there has to be one fixed image of an ideal man throughout

8. anisha_astrolog

then you won't succeed in fixing an image for an ideal man or if you do then you won't find one. remember Plato's utopian state, it never existed. ideal men exist in Plato's utopia.

9. Morbid_Angel

that is the effin' point. whether they exist or not is irrelevant. god, this discussion is hitting a rock bottom.

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

:-/

/thread

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Real men?

man/man/
    Noun:
    An adult human male.

male/māl/
    Adjective:
    Of or denoting the sex that produces small, typically motile gametes, esp. spermatozoa, with which a female may be fertilized
    Noun:
    A male person, plant, or animal.

Does anyone require any further definition?

12. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

that's a biological definition , you have been statin totally the opposite of ir before..you have been fighting over the functions of the male popultion ..

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well this thread calls for a precise biological definition.
    Especially when I see that most of the posters on IGT are those who have just started spewing spermatozoa and those that have not been fertilized yet.

After that we can proceed with psycological, sociological, evolutionary, and other definitions ...
    (Once you understand that getting the spermatozoa to fertilize the ovary is not as simple as using a syringe to inject ...)

14. anisha_astrolog

i think we were not here to discuss biological definition of anything because if we really wanted to there is something called WIKIPEDIA which would have served the purpose anyways. lets stick to what this thread was dedicated to.

15. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Can a person be gay (homo***ual) and still be a real man?

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Then what exactly are we discussing about?

17. anisha_astrolog

well we often hear people saying to guys " Be a Man". now when he is already a man ahy is he told repeatedly to be a man. this means there are some qualities which are associated with manhood and we are discussing about those qualities of a man.

18. komal29

komal29 New Member

i appreciate u brought this aspect..well 'man' is what i am referring to the male gender..who can give a place to a woman in his life and treat her right..not necessarily a lover/gf/wife,even though it is the major aspect..The world has this fixation of measuring manliness on the basis of whether he is able to satisfy a woman in all sense.Somehow its the quality that makes a man 'a man'!! But a man can have other relationships with women,all of them even a gay can have- be it with his mother,sister,friend,aunt,teacher etc.Even treating them right come under the perview.See,if a man knows to treat his mother,sister well and be a gay..in my opinion it makes him more 'man' compared to the other men who are in heters**ual relatioship with women but dont treat them right! A heteros**ual man who illtreats his mother is worse than a gay..Being gay is not abnormal in my opinion

thanks..actually your question made me think about an angle of the subject i never even thought of! :)

19. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

well a real man is a father and a real woman is a mother...thats what a teenage mind says... :)@komal ...a small advise to you...stop pulling others leg ...instead of posting these threads you better start working on your chords lessons...isnt your father a real man?!...he was the one who brought you in this world ...he lifted up you're courage when you were giving up... he wasted all his energy and hard earned money for his child... And the child still doesnt know who a real man is?...i guess by now you know who a real man actually is...and why we all men respect him...why only our dad...there are men who fought for our country so that we live happily...to name a few bhagat singh.jagdish chandra bose...they never feared death..coz they are real 'mard' and mard ko dard nai hota...they have big cojones...

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

1. That is strictly speaking man-to-boy talk not intended for girls.
    2. Read the point 1 above.