Astrologist sues NASA over crash

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Jul 5, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

MOSCOW, Russia (Reuters) -- A Russian astrologist who says NASA has altered her horoscope by crashing a spacecraft into a comet is suing the U.S. space agency for damages of $300 million, local media has reported.

NASA deliberately crashed its probe, named Deep Impact, into the Tempel 1 comet to unleash a spray of material formed billions of years ago which scientists hope will shed new light on the composition of the solar system.

"It is obvious that elements of the comet's orbit, and correspondingly the ephemeris, will change after the explosion, which interferes with my astrology work and distorts my horoscope," Izvestia daily quoted astrologist Marina Bai as saying in legal documents submitted before Monday's collision.

A spokeswoman for a Moscow district court said initial preparations for the case were underway but could not say when the hearing would begin. NASA representatives in Moscow were unavailable for comment.

2. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

This is so silly...I'm not a big horoscope-believer and this kinda proves my point.....explaination:
    -She sues NASA for damages of 300million.....which implies that, that is the money that her "horoscope" had predicted she would get.
    -Now that her horoscope had been intentionally changed....she should not be getting the 300million
    -If she wins the case she still gets 300million
    How did crashing the comet affect her? I say if she wins it was good that NASA crashed that comet......they did it to change her "horoscope" for the better!!!!!!

3. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Its almost like a fisherman blaming eurasia for comming in his way.

4. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

SORRY I MISS READ IT.........HE HEE HE Thanx death

5. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

not an astronaut - an astrologer in russia - an astrologer is one who rpedicts the future y reading the stars etc...

an astronomer is one who SCIENTIFCALLY studies star patterns and observes the movement of stars- he doesn make any prediction s on your love life ased on the stars - hahahah

and astronaut/cosmonaut is a pilot/engineer/ any other professional who is trained to fly into space.

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hadd ho gayee ....

this is the limit ...