Asian Music

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by azmanian_devil, Jul 17, 2007.

1. azmanian_devil

azmanian_devil New Member

By Asian Music, I am talking about Japanese, Korean and Chinese music. If we're talking solely about Asia, I think the best rock scene belongs to Japan. The amount of talent that they have there is amazing. Some of the bands blow me away with their songs.

I know that a lot of people won't even consider listening to songs that they don't understand, but I am a fan of anime and thats how I came across the music. I wanted to know if there are any others there who like to listen to Asian music.

For those of you who haven't tried it, I'll recommened some of my favorite bands. I'll leave you with a few links so you can get a little taste. If anyone is interested I might continue the thread with a little description of the bands.

- X JAPAN: Tears - This song has a full english second verse and the chorus is in english. Beautiful lyrics.

- B'Z: Brotherhood

I've just posted two bands right now. I chose these two because they show a great range of the music there. The first band is one of my favorites because they combine amazing music, diverse genre, lyrics and unlimited energy. Each member is extremely skilled, you'll notice from the solos, the singing, everything.

The second band is the best selling Japanese artist of all time. Strings are like them. Two members, great mix of rock and pop. Although these guys are more like the 80s bands such as Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Poison etc. The guitarist, Tak Matsumoto, believe it or not has the best selling signature Gibson guitar. Over people such as Eddie Van Halen, Slash etc. His solos are amazing, remind me a lot of Slash, although he's more mellow and less controversial. Eddie is a big fan of his and has often played with him. The band also played with Aerosmith during one Superbowl.

Hope you guys liked it.

keep the faith

Az

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I agree.
    I have seen few bands from Japan and nearby places. And they have got class.

Besides, there are few bands in which those guys dressup and look like girls. That turns me on. ****