Are Indians the biggest freeloaders ever?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by spydra, Jan 5, 2010.

1. spydra

spydra New Member

https://wikimediafoundation.org/wik...medium=sitenotice&utm_campaign=fundraiser2009

2. spydra

spydra New Member

Okay, I just saw this on Wikipedia and realized that I've never actually made a donation like this and probably never will unless I force myself to (that too because I should and not because I actually want to). I also realized that almost everyone I know would think in a similar way. I would be willing to wager that Indians would make up a very small percentage of the donors- is there a way to find out?

Is it an Indian thing? Apparently, there are enough people worldwide who do want to donate. It doesn't take anything spectacular. 340 million people donating even 1 rupee worldwide would make it 7 million USD worldwide. Don't say that you donate to very worthy causes in general- the fact that you use wiki as often as you do is enough to justify a sizeable donation surely.

3. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

so how much are u plannin to donate? i had donated 0.1$ on some site sometime back :).. some guitar related site only.. don exactly remember the name..

4. spydra

spydra New Member

Nothing. I saw the donation banner until a few days ago (it's gone now and replaced by a Thank You note...which is what made me feel a little bad about myself). That's precisely the point. I don't seem to even want to give anything to them.

Would you donate to wikipedia?

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

..and i guess everybody is a freeloader.. everyone loves things for free.. irrespective of the ethnicity..

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

but u can still donate dude.. click on that thank you note and at the end u'll find DONATE NOW link..

7. spydra

spydra New Member

There is a difference between liking things for free and being a freeloader. Everyone likes things for free but some are also willing to pay voluntarily for services provided.

Dude, are you thick? I've just said twice that I don't want to donate.

8. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

...my bad...

9. spydra

spydra New Member

That's okay, I still love you.

10. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

..thats gay.. but i love u too .. :)

11. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

are we the most jobless people on IGT?

12. spydra

spydra New Member

dude, you're going off-topic. That's so hardcore.

13. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

oops...
    well.. i donno but i might donate.. the reason being that i use wikipedia for almost everythin... from office work to guitar related stuff.. info bout bands.. some history as well sometimes.. ppl like me shud pay.. watever be the amount..

14. spydra

spydra New Member

Should was never in question. The question is "will you?". If yes, is it just because you should or because you want to?

15. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Yes i will.. coz i want to..

16. andhura

andhura New Member

I once donated 10$ to a torrent site after using it for 2 years. The site got busted 3 months later!

17. spydra

spydra New Member

That sounds fair. Would you donate to wikipedia though?

18. andhura

andhura New Member

Fair!? It felt like I lost a friend when that site went down.

Probably wouldn't donate to wikipedia. I use it everyday but.... meh.

19. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

gr8 to hear at least u had a friend..

20. andhura

andhura New Member

New jokes please. /wimbledon