Anyone want to buy a 6 string BASS???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by gm_bayzid, Sep 10, 2005.

1. gm_bayzid

gm_bayzid New Member

I want to sell my 6 String bass... its an Ibanez BTB406QM Custom Made (Japan -2005 model with extra power Pickup). I bought it from japan 3/4 months back. Its the only one in India and not even used too much. The best condition you can get. The guitar includes Ibanez Original Hard Shell (the best), Korg Tunner(for 6 string bass spl), Ibanez Strap (with Ibanez logo), Ibanez Cable, A set of Elixr Nanoweb Strings (most costllly). I'll see it anywhere, price will be 75000+ (including everything I bought with the guitar)... whoever want to buy pls inform me... I need some urgent money... otherwise I won't sell my baby... if you want

[​IMG]

2. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

very drroooooling pic!

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

**** dude,,awesome bass...the only problem with buying stuff like that is finding people to sell it off to.

4. vini

vini Repeat Offender

dennis..solve his problem,na!
    y dontcha buy it? :grin:

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hehe..anythng for u dahling!

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

:shock: erm..wotever

@gm bayzid.. ur guitar surely looks cool2me..but im very poor..i cant even think of buying such a costly thing not even in my dreams..

but dont worry..im sure uL get takers for ur offer... specially coz its just a 3/4 months new guitar..all the best anyway :)

tahda!!

7. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

b.t.w. y would anyone buy a 6 string bass ??? :think:

8. soulscape777

soulscape777 Oneiric

@ gm_bayzid .......... get in touch with me

9. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@ sslayer

y not? /:- )

10. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

well u can always buy a guitar to do the job ...

i feel the same for 7 string guitars ...
    let the bassman do his dude ...

and let the guitar man do his ...

11. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^^ whats wrong wid buying 6string bass??...only prob one cant make out what he will be playing :grin:

12. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Meshuggah, needs six or even 7 string basses. They use 8 string guitars so that might help.

13. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

from where do u find out all these creepy news?

14. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

That they use 8 string guitars? The news is all over the place. Especially if you are a member of https://www.tandjent.com/meshforum/ ( A math metal freak)

15. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

The most useful part of using a six string bass is playing solos, pretty versatile solos. John Myung of dream theatre uses one. Sorry bayzid. Your guitar is just too darn expensive!

16. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

^ u could use a guitar for playing "solos" ... :p: if u are lazy for that get a guitarist in your band ...

17. gm_bayzid

gm_bayzid New Member

Man to tell you... its really nice when you play a 6 string bass... its like you don't have to think about any other thing... like no ned of any GUITAR... its fill the whole things... the total music... my problem is... I am a foreign student in India from Bangladesh... I used to get my scholarship... I bought it with my scholarship money... and now the company used to give me scholarship is no more wanting to spend money on me as they are having their own problems... and I have to pay me fees of this year... I bought the whole guitar package for around Rs. 100000 (including all taxes)... and now I am in such a position that I have to sell it... its like my baby... I have too much emotions with it... but now I have no other option... I know its difficult to sell a 6 string bass... but hope to get someone and will get good price too... maybe much more than I want... thanks all of you again...

18. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

6 string bass is actually a good thing you know. Many people use it. It gives the bass freedom to solo. And for the people who think that a bass should'nt be used for solo :mad: ........lol
    check out people like Stu Hamm and Billy Sheenan you wont believe they solo so good on bass
    Clapton's bass player uses a 6 string and he kept up with the likes of Satriani,Steve Vai,Nuno Bettencourt,Joe Walsh,Brian may in all of their songs in the guitar expo '92 in Seville, Spain.

19. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

^ duh! dude ...

methinks they should abolish all different instruments and make one single instrument taht can do everything ...

dont u even think about the futility of what u are trying to say or do?

next u mihgt come up with a fretless 7 string bass havinng sound holes where u can blow wind thru 'em, in order to play flute or brass section ...

then next u might also have a percussive cymbals that might add to the richness of music coming ...

20. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I'm not saying that you NEED a 6 string or it is the standard. I'm just saying for some versatility a 6 string would be a nice addition. Stu and Billy sheenan have their own solo bass albums Stu - Radio Free Albymuth with a song featuring a guy he knows well Joe Satriani . I'm not saying it'll replace all the guitars in a band ( which you might have presumed ) i'm just saying it'll help those people who prefer the bass and also would like to solo on it.
    "next u mihgt come up with a fretless 7 string bass havinng sound holes where u can blow wind thru 'em, in order to play flute or brass section ..."
    You came up with this idea not me.

By the way there is such a thing a a fretless 7 string bass.

P.S
    I really dont like to argue