Anyone selling Boss Distortion Pedals (2nd hand)???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by shetu_ecdw, Dec 30, 2008.

1. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I do have a Huckleberry fuzz and DIYed Rangemaster at the beginning of my chain. I once ran the Fuzz after an Arion Tubulator..it wasn't pretty.Ultimately my pedalboard will be all DIY and tr00 bypass by default. A clean boost set to unity gain shall do the duty of saving my signal.

2. flood

flood New Member

the tube zone is not what i would classify as being high gain at all.... :think: i had one in for repairs a couple of months ago (6 knob version) and it's quite tame on the whole. great pedal on the whole, loved every last inch of it.

i'll be doing the mod on mine sometime. will make before and after recordings... you can see if you like the change. if so, i'll do yours too for an exorbitant sum of money. :p:

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

you still nailing gear, huh kid?
    hows the practice?

4. wylder

wylder Member

Try using a boost in front of the Tube Zone and you'll enter high gain... I've heard it works very well with a Fulltone OCD... I use a Boss OD-3 overdrive (kick-ass OD pedal, my fav boss drive pedal) to boost the level and add just a hint of drive.. and the tube zone becomes a high gain monster but will still clean up when you turn down the volume on your guitar... awesome pedal.. Lovely lead tones and awesome rhythm crunch..

Ya do post the clips man.. Will see if we can negotiate.. :)

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Nope..haven't done anything gear wise for a long time now. Guitar playing has been on the back burner for a few years now, but I am restarting in right earnest sometime soon (like I haven't heard that one before :eek::)

6. flood

flood New Member

eh, dude, what is that? does that have anything to do with that weird thingy with the 7 strins that lies around in my room?

i'm pretty sure i used to know what that was.... :confused:

on another note, built a Germ tonebender MKII using the tonepad layout - easy and quick build, takes less than an hour. 100k bias pot added, and OMG does it sound insane. i was in page territory pretty damn quick. i still have to play it with a somewhat cranked amp though, it was midnight on sunday/monday when i plugged it in.

i was so zapped that a built a second one right away on monday night using higher gain transistors, caps modded for more bass and the addition of a zvex-style pinch control to screw around with the feedback (experimental, may have to change that one or remove it altogether).

don'T know what the second one sounds like yet - i expect it to be noisy and splatty and nastier than the first one though. in my books, that's a good thing. will hook it up sometime this week. can't wait to put the first one in an enclosure though, that little bastard is a keeper.

7. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

That's the one! My thingy only has 6 strings though

Go away..I don't wanna hear about your pedal experiments:annoyed::please: