Anyone here a fan of Dream Theater ??

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by apratim.mitra, Dec 2, 2004.

1. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

yeah they are really good !!
    I like them too .
    my fav song is Pull me Under
    and how to forget that marathon song - A Change Of Season

2. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

@apratim.mitra, i have 2 DT albums, images & words and awake..and a few more songs and quite a few videos..not heard 'spirit carries on'...yet.

i can play the middle solo for 'take the time'...its cool and worth learning(like every other piece by petrucci) try it out..

'Overture' is my current favourite.

3. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Overture 1928 is easy to play... try Fatal Tragedy and Strange Deja Vu././

4. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

The opening of Fatal Tragedy is really Kick-ass :nw: ... and both this song and Spirit Carries On are part of the concept album of DT called "Metropolis Part II : Scenes from a memory" .... The unique part of this album is that if you listen to it from start to end in the proper sequence it would run like one continuous song the ending part of one song and the beginning of the next song coinciding ... just try and listen ...this is the album of DT that i had heard first and this is the one that made me fall in love with the band ... a must have for all music lovers ... :rock:

5. Mamasteen

Mamasteen <A-W-A-Y>

i won't mind listening to Jayanth playing overture 1928 on 12th dec. on IGT online meeting. Jaya plz' don't start before i come ok? i'll be there only in da afternoon.

6. jayanth

Sure.. I'll try to learn it before 12th.. Guys please note i'm playing Bass...

7. Mamasteen

Mamasteen <A-W-A-Y>

It's ok Jayanth, the bass riffs will be better and something to listen to. Amazing bass on overture1928 by Myung.

8. jayanth

That I shoudl decide.. ha ha ah.. I'll play whatever i can figure out within the two days//