Anyone here a fan of Dream Theater ??

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by apratim.mitra, Dec 2, 2004.

1. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

Hey guys ...

Dream theater is one of my favourite bands not only because they have probably one of the best line-ups in the world but also because of the kind of music they create ... their best work includes "Images and words","Metropolis part II - Scenes from a Memory",etc ...

Just wanted to know if any of you people are fans as well ...

:rockon:

2. tejas

tejas ..........

Yeah, i like them too. They are very good. But please post anything related to music in "Music talk". This will be moved..

3. apratim.mitra

ok ... i had thought of posting this in the music talk forum but neway ...

btw tejas ... any DT song that u can play ???

4. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i dont like most of the "PROGRESSIVE" stuff..
    though i think some stuff by dream theatre is cool..

5. Mamasteen

Mamasteen <A-W-A-Y>

I used to be but not anymore, somehow I got bored and irritated by James Labrie's voice. Anyway, he was good on Fallin into infinity. ESPecially.. in the middle part of "Lines in the Sand" ...We fabricate....tilll we're dying.

6. apratim.mitra

@dharmatma ... Which of their progressive stuff ?? could you elaborate ??? I am not too clear about the definition of progressive rock ...

@mamasteen ... Yeah i guess if there is a weak point of Dream Theater it is the vocals ... James LaBrie has good range and everything ... but somehow , something seems to be missing ...You would know exactly what i mean if you have seen the Dream Theater version of Master of Puppets - live in Chicago ... everything else seemed better than the original ... but the vocals was a total letdown ...

7. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Ya, Dream Theater are good... esp Petrucci... I personally find Overture an excellent masterpiece, though i have oversaturated myself with that song...

8. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Tread Moved

9. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

DT is among the Best.. Pull Me under is one hell of a song..

10. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

dream theatre is a progressive band..so most of their stufff is progressive..hehe...well bands like YES,RUSH...and all come under the progressive category..

11. apratim.mitra

Has neone of you heard Change of Seasons- DT ??? it is a 23 min song with some awesome instrumental work ... but i dont understand the philosophy behind it ...

12. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Listen To Three Minute Warning by LTE.. Thats 23 mins and better than COS

13. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

dream theater is just awesome..they are a perfect band with petrucci, portnoy and james to provide just the right vocals..
    the first DT song i heard was "caught in a web" from the awake album..never tried seriously to play any DT song yet, but i think "another day" should be quite easy to start with..acid rain of LTE is really tough..

14. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze New Member

Dream theater is awesome man, I like Awake because of more crunchy drum sound.

15. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

Dream Theatre is AWESOME. Specially something like "Erotomania"

16. apratim.mitra

@6String ... well whaddaya know .... I picked up the solo of "Spirit carries on" recently ... really love that song ... :rock:

17. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Honestly speaking, i've never heard of Dream theater until now, i'll surely try them out, seems to be a great band:)

18. d_ist_urb_ed

Oh BTW, give me some good songs of the group, some really awesome songs.

19. apratim.mitra

well the list is pretty long to say the least... but here are a few personal favourites ...

Hard numbers: Fatal Tragedy, Strange Deja Vu

Soft ones : Hollow Years, Silent Man

cant remember more ... guys please help me out here ...

:rockon:

20. d_ist_urb_ed

Thanks man, will download and listen today.