Anybody played around with windows vista?

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by lord_neo, Jan 9, 2007.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

so whats the verdict is windows vista worth buying?

2. cronix

cronix New Member

will let u know when the final version is released.... Schedule for release at Jan 30.

3. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

@ neo do u have the basic req for windoz vista??

4. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 MHz Processor

2 GB Ram 600 MHz

Intel 965 Motherboard

Nvidia 6800 GT Graphic Card

1.5 TeraByte HDD

What you think?

5. shak

shak Harrr!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK9-9hxNuvk

(at 00:25 he says 'start your photocopiers!') took me 3 views to finally understand this bit .. hahaha

^ anyway .. that pretty much says everything about vista ... mac rules!!

6. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Oh yes, pretty much everybody knows that MS copies everything.

7. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

^ Really? Care to point out where they copied the ingenious Ribbon-interface for Office 2007 from (wanna bet Adobe will eventually 'borrow' this interface for Photoshop)? or where they copied IE7's excellent anti-phishing feature (don't say Firefox; its anti-phishing function is laughably bad)? or QuickTabs? or the Xbox's incomparable Xbox Live gaming experience? or Vista's excellent Parental Controls (OS X? har-de-har)? or perhaps Windows Media Center? or Vista's excellent networking stack & features? or Shadow Copy? or Reliability Monitor? Vista's Windows Update module?

I'm sick and tired of this constant unending 'Microsoft copies from everyone' bullshit. Get a clue!

8. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Vista is Yaaaaaaaaaak :mad:

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

First mega-pwnage of 2007.

10. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Would you be happier if they "literally" stole everything? You know how Microsoft came up with windows, right? Also did you not see the video shak provided? Do you say the information there is incorrect?

They get criticized because they steal ideas and products from other company and label it as their own invention. So just because they came up with some original ideas does that mean we have no right to blame them for their blatant plagiarism.

It is not bullshit it is a fact.

11. death_metal_fan

^ Name me one software company does not borrow or improve upon ideas that have already been put in place by someone else? So the Windows interface was borrowed (or stolen) from MacOS you say? I could very well counter and say Apple stole (or improved upon if you will) the idea / interface from Xerox.

Blatant plagiarism? Where are you getting that? Care to backup your claim with valid examples? In any case, examples of blatant plagiarism are abundant in the Apple camp (if you think Apple are the guardian angels of the software world) as well; the most recent being the Konfabulator / Dashboard fiasco. Face it; every software company borrows ideas from others. Simply because someone has already implemented an idea does not mean it cannot be improved upon (and with the vast number of software applications available it is quite possible that an idea / innovation has already been done before by someone else). In most cases they take what exists and improve upon it; that's how software evolves.

I have not seen the video Shak posted. A 14-hour work day does not permit me luxuries such as YouTube.

@lord_neo: It's not fact, nor is it bullshit; it's a prejudice.

12. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

+1...

Dmf man well said! It doesn't matter if the ideas are copied or no...jus the output shud be good.

13. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

I am not the one crying about people criticizing Microsoft for stealing products nor did I ever mention that other companies do not indulge in the same practice.

I said MS is known for copying products. If you can prove otherwise i am all ears, otherwise shut up.

Do you think because you work for 14-hour work day you have the right to talk shit to me? Who do you think you are talking to?

I can only expect that comment from a 14 year old.

14. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

Uh..no you could expect it from a 13 year old.

Be practical dude..the best ideas that come are from someone else. If used well, the product will be selling well and be praised. Stop using the computers because the idea is copied from someone else.

Dekh yaar neo..i have seen only half of life than you..so its no use remindin me im 13 yrs old..i dont want to be ure age yet. People will start hating me.

Lmfao ^^

15. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

I really hate utter nonsense replies.

^ I think you should stay away from this thread its not for you.

16. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

Just read this again.

Add + No I haven't tried vista. I'm just replying to the topic title.

17. death_metal_fan

The above statement clearly indicates that you are not interested in having a mature discussion on this topic. Did I flame you? Then why did you respond in such a rude manner? I refuse to further this discussion. You may believe what you wish.

18. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Bring in how many hours a day you work to clearly undermine my time into a discussion of windows vista of all things and then accuse of me of not following a mature discussion. Whats that about?

Though I must say I did not mean to be rude and I apologize if it upsetted you.

If you mention how much time you work that comes across that you think that all others except you are jobless.

19. dareprasad

dareprasad New Member

i liked VISTA.. MS has added many minute details & titbits.. Things which i found nice were...
    Stunning Windows AERO Graphics..
    Vista Control Panel with One new feature called 'Solutions to Problems'.. similar to xp but some of the old Control Panel items have been re-arranged.
    Program compatibiliy test while installing..
    Accessing User Accounts, registry restriction, IE7 etc gives a feel that vista is more secure..
    Virtual Folders(searches) and all those visual goodies like new explorer, clock, album showcase and many more....

20. shak

shak Harrr!

forget if microsoft is [strike]stealing[/strike] borrowing apple's ideas at present .. lets go back a few years ... before windows 2.0

and you'll find that Gates took the word plagiarism to whole new levels ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Computer,_Inc._v._Microsoft_Corp.

the pillars of windows ... are borrowed.

but put to good use ... so i forgive them ...