Anybody interested in Piano Music?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by esgallindeion, Jan 10, 2006.

1. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

I am starting to learn piano basics. Does anybody know good music which can be played on piano alone.. Something to the tune of Richard Clayderman??

2. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Dunno about muzak like Richard Clayderman, but there are some simple classical pieces you can learn like Pachelbel's Canon or the Moonlight Sonata

3. faraz khan

faraz khan Fkay'zzz .......GoNe MaD!

well I dunno wht names U guys are taking but I can play sum simple tunes and I can find tunes as well although I hvent learnt to play keyboard

4. kaiser

kaiser Bored

i used to hate yanni long back. then i started guitaring n all, learnt to appreciate music. n i heard yani again...........

check him out, hes amazing..... donno much bt piano artists but have heard a lot bt richard clayderman...... u can check out henry mancini....old time film soundtrack composer.
    he came up with great stuff.....his famous tune: love story theme.

n of course, we always have the beethovens mozarts n all....

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

dunno bout pianists...my dad smtimes listens to some classical symphonies so thats where I get to hear piano..and a little bit in world music

one doubt...wats a jazz pianist...is he/she diff frm others??

6. abhijitnath

The instrument is the same. The playing style is different.
    Most jazz piano players are also classically trained.
    Yanni's In My Time album is brilliant btw...but sadly not the best place to start if you're just starting to play..very demoralising.

7. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Why don't you try simple things like the piano intro to 'Walk Of Life' by Dire Straits? That's a very nice sounding piece and easy to play as well.

8. abhijitnath

Err..isn't that an organ?

9. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

whatever i learnt was from a book called The Wright Pianoforte Tutor but i dont even have a synth now to practice :'(

10. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

hey essi long time since u posted in the forums...sorry just wanted to say hi...lol..
    dude..pm me ur mail address..ill send u my band songs when we have finished recording them.