Any software/tips to stop mailbox hacking?

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by light_of_erindi, Jun 16, 2005.

1. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

HI every one...as all u guys know mailboxes r very easy to hack....I am sick and tired of getting my mailbox hacked :mad: ...does anyone know any tools or tips to stop that?...or a service which does that for the user....? :think:

2. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

the best remedy is to use a password that isint just either of characters or numbers !! use a combination of both. never use people names or places if u do u make it easier for social engineers to get into ur mailbox !!

and yeah another funny thing in a study conducted by zdnet a while back they came to a shocking conclusion ..... the final anlysis was tat the most used password is "password" itself-- now how much more dumb can anyone get ??

3. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

MAILbox hacking??..does any1 know how to do it??.:)

4. thecoolone

yes, there r soo many guys who do it !

5. death angel

death angel the messenger from hell

Yup...
    use characters and letters AND you should change the case, as in if you want your password to be deathangelisgreat you should make it something like DeaThANgelisGrEAT
    that should do it.
    AND also your secret question should not be obvious as in "what are you scared of"
    "ghosts" or "god" or "mommy" it should be "DEATH ANgel" (he he he)
    also modt of the sites have an option where you can make your account safer,ie,set your security setting to secure. Most of the people dont do that just so that they dont have to put in that extra effort.
    That is all you can do to make your acount safer...(according to me..)

6. richard

richard New Member

hi guyz

:cool:

i think u shd use ur net behind a firewall sofware to avoid hackin ur email from a diff system in the network ,, to avoid hackin

7. thecoolone

hey death angel in computer literally terms characters and letters means the same thing

8. nik_bokacheley

_____Use mail's of yahoo and gmail......._______

9. light_of_erindi

@nik...what's that?....i use Yahoo..

10. nik_bokacheley

@EriNDI...Yahoo has a very good security...How can someone hack your id ??.. Must be that you have had a fight wid some lil-so-called hacker in the yahoo chat rooms..Orelse you have had showed your id very confidential to the outer world..which made the hacker think your mailbox have some jewls in it...:)

11. thecoolone

@erindi Gmail is the best email provider, they have the best scan system and the best filter system ....gmail offers 2.1GB of inbox space

12. nik_bokacheley

I've two id's at Gmail..they :rock:...and :rule:
    :think:

13. light_of_erindi

Problem solved...it was more of cookie related than actual mailbox hacking...:)

14. death angel

death angel the messenger from hell

the only thing here is that im talkin to a human here not a computer (too bad dude, try again sometime else, like forty zillion years later...)

15. arunrx

arunrx Banned

It is not always that your email boxes get hacked.
    If someone else knows your details like your city, date of birth etc... it is easy for anyone to retrive or reset the password through customer care center.

I have retrieved passwords twice, for my friend's email ID.
    I knew his password and later he changed it. I very badly needed access to his mail box.

I wrote an e-mail to customer care saying that someone hacked my email ID, this is my ID and provided the address, date of birth. And I also mentioned that Since I created this ID years back, I don't remember even what's the secret question I entered.
    And I reported this was the last password I used. Customer care replied asking me my place of work or the ISP I use and few more data. I replied, and they gave me a new password.. :)

16. nadish

nadish Active Member

The best way to protect ur email account is not to tell the email ID even to a single person :):):)P)