Any reviews on KUSTOM SOUND FX50 & KUSTOM SOUND CUBE 20 ?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by thinkingood, Oct 14, 2011.

1. thinkingood

thinkingood New Member

Hey everyone . I am about to buy a new amp and because of my budget (some other constraints too) i am hung in-between Kustom sound FX50 & K.S cube 20 (not 20R) .
    I would appreciate it a lot if anyone of you could provide any reviews on these . I have only these 2 as an option so pls compare or review these only . I searched internet but got no clue about FX-50 .

Anyone especially flood , please do pour in some info on these(especially FX-50) .

(P.S.):I will also be buying a guitar processor soon .

2. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Well since u r planning to buy a processor soon...I wud suggest you go with the Kustom sound FX50

Also there are few of the stranger models that u might like in that budget of around 5K. Do check those.

Whatever you buy keep one thing in mind that Amplifier with inbuilt effects wouldnt go well with processor or pedal. So stick to Clean and distortion channels on Amplifier only..I have played on a few Kustom amps and i liked the clean tone on it....U dont need a reverb too since u can get that from ur processor.

3. deepsal

deepsal New Member

mind saving 2k more? i would say none

4. thinkingood

thinkingood New Member

Yeah i will be mostly using it in clean but occasionally i'll use the built in distortion n reverb . So how IS fx-50 for a clean sound ? I have had pavey 26w backstager and it was an average runner , compared to that how does an fx50 score not on loudness but quality? And yes there are a few stranger models but my friend told me that just like their names they sound strange too !

5. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Not played on any Peavey models so cant compare. All china made amps man(assumption). Dont expect any quality stuff for such low end amps. But they wil last. I have not heard of any cases untill now where the amp was blown in just a year.

Strangers are good. I really love the clean tones of stranger. And that amp takes pedals really very well.. My friend has a Stranger 50W and it goes on well with his Korg 1000 processor.