Any reviews/feedback of "Principles of Correct Practice for Guitar" by James Andreas

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by ldu007, Mar 6, 2005.

1. ldu007

ldu007 New Member

Hi...I am a newbie to the site, and a beginner as far as guitar talk and play goes. Am just about comfy with sight reading and playing notes on my guitar, but get seriously lost on a theoretical level when people talk theory about scales/chords/triads etc, and ona practical level, my note splaying ability is not exactly the fastest.
    I intend to buy the book on "Principle for Correct Practice for playing guitar" as well as "Path1: Chords & Rhythm".

Any positive/negative review/feedback on the same would be appreciated, as it is some amount of investment.....(unless i got reduced versions In India).

2. annand

annand the pessimist

i've read a few articles from Andreas.

you said you're "a beginner as far as guitar talk and play goes." if you're a beginner, don't bother wasting time with all that theory stuff, you'll either bore yourself to death, get discouraged from playing or both.

if you want to get comfortable with the guitar learn songs - they teach you plenty of technique. after you get comfortable you'll know which theory you want to learn and when you need to learn them.

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

pick it up if its discounted or something - theory books will help you once ur slightly comfortable playing..

this book should be useful for u even as beginner though cause it will give u one o the millions of correct ways to parctice guitar and thats always helpful especially if u dont have a teacher.

i would reccomend it.

4. guitar books and softwares

hey man i have that book, and trust me thats awsome book,
    but it wud be only helpful to u if u r serious about guitar playing, coz that book will simple change the way u sit, hold and play the guitar..( i mean it..)
    it has got 7 or 8 very boring exercises..( very very helpful though)..lol
    my first reaction after going through that book and playing acording to that was..that ive FOUND SOMETHING.....it was really good feeling.
    i have many other books also..( pdf format....so u can read it on computer)....and im planning to sell them on CD...
    u can buy from me...
    book list..

Principles of Correct Practice for Guitar
    speed mechanics for lead guitar(troy stetina)
    rock discipline(john petrucci)
    guitar for dummies
    berklees modern method for guitar( part 1,2 and 3)
    metal rhythm guitar part1 (troy stetina)
    heavy metal lead guitar part 2 ( troy stetina)
    guitar grid method part1
    guitar lesson with the great
    guitar secrets
    speed picking(frank gambale)
    terrifying technique-instructional book
    wild stringdom (john petrucci)
    and many others

u can buy all books on CD and obviously this wud cost u much less than wat u r going to pay for that single book

think about it n tell
    im also planning to sell this CD on baazee.com
    and yes...it wud cost u only 700 rs.
    u'll also get tons of softwares for guitar
    so tell me how did u find the deal?

5. annand

annand the pessimist

atul_singh, you have them for sale? those books are for learning mann - information for free (though it is entirely your business what you do with books written by others:). you can find them for free. i have rock discipline and a few others (pdf) - and would send it to anyone who wants them (if i can locate them that is) - just contact me.

atul, no offense.

6. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

^^ lolhaha atul

7. lol....come on buddy this is not fair.
    it took me really long to make a good collection of books, thinking about making some money from it
    lol...man u nearly screwed up my first business deal.... only thing i can say is that u cant give him 700 mbs of data ( all books n softwares)
    n i dont think im asking much......but thanks to u for screwing it up...
    but anyways ldu007 deal is still open.....

8. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

@atul - MAn,.... u wanna deal in it bad ,..dont u,.. :p:

9. if u've read my thread "which acoustic guitar wud u buy if u had 5-6 K rs" then u'd clearly understand that im in desperate need of money to buy a good acoustic guitar ...( granada, gb&a or may b even better).
    so any other guy wud have done the same thing to arrange money...aint it?
    well personely i dont think that ive done anything wrong...
    yaar paisey arrange karney ke liye karnaa padtaa hai (uve to do it to arrange money)

10. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Deal in fly high stuff :p:

Easy money,. .hehehehe

11. annand

annand the pessimist

atul, i'm sorry mann. information should be for free (don't be part of the system). i sure you can still make a sale. look at it this way, they'll be paying for the convenience of the CD-ROM and its pretty design. lol