any real hard punk rockers?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Petunia, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Obviously IGT is consumed with rockers and musicians of all kinds..
    But do we have any real hard punk rockers in here:

I mean with the whole gimmick: black nailpolish, jewelry, eye makeup..long hair, torn voice boxes....etc..Anyone??

Just pure curious...

2. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

hmmm...i had long hair but got it chopped.......iam not that hard core punk rocker i believe.

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

@Petunia, shouldnt this be in music talk sister dearest?:p:

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I could wear makeup....but on a serious note, you couldn't be a punk rocker in Calcutta and travel freely in public.

wouldn't that be more gothic anyway? The dark eyeshadow, long hair, black nailpolish and the works?

oooh......

Are you punk????

*wiggles eyebrows*

5. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

i'm a pinehead.

6. d_ist_urb_ed

Laughing silently.......like crazy...

7. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@disturbed: well it cud be posted nywhere..i jst put it out there.

@ bjr:the gothic age evolved out of punk.rock . But being a punk rocker doesnt really mean you follow the flings of the new wave ie..the goth sbcultre. And am i punk?...i had a couple of peircings done. ive got the makeup and ive gone to a cple of concerts. Head strong into the music. :) But theres alot more to it. I really havent met a lot of pnk rockers in India..so i was wnderin if there were any here..this being a HUUBBB :grin:

8. guitar_guru666

guitar_guru666 New Member

Thats not punk thats more goth or emo.

9. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

depends on wht angle you look at it from..
    like i said..the gthic wave first began as pst punk grps. people still get them confused. the music the style-its all different.
    But they are two totally differnt movements/approaches to music.

10. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Is napalm death an offshoot of punk? Same with terrorizer, converge, ENT....etc.

11. d_ist_urb_ed

^@Petunia, i find that highly interesting. I thought goth was in a class of it's own. We have some goths in college, heaven help me the day when they sit at my table during lunch, i feel like punching their teeth out...

12. shsnawada

Yeah, wannabe "evils"....

Well, in short: Wannabes

13. d_ist_urb_ed

^They drool too........

14. shsnawada

Back to the topic:

Is there any innovative, non- run of the mill, punk at all to exist? ( i dont know, i'm asking)

15. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@ shsnawada: Well...its kinda strange how you place both "punk" and mediocrity in the same sentence. You are gnna find "wannabes" who just like the look and the idea behind the metal chains and black eye-wear--and youre gnna find people who are so caught up in their music-it almost becomes a religion for them. i know some people like that.

So you're gnna find both sides of the coin to it..just like you will find two sides of the coin to any issue.

And in regards to your question about "napalm death" yes they were inspired by punk-rock groups...and then slowly began introducing more and more metal into their music. Now having become a complete death metal band.

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

ooh, send me pics of punky pet00nya!

so....band reccomendations? (followed by album reccomendations followed by song reccomendations)

Like I said, it's going to be really hard being a punk rocker here...yeah, piercings are okay but walk on the streets in the rest of the getup and you either need to be thick-skinned in a way the rhinoceros never was or you need to be an attention-whore.

17. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

I dont think there is even a need to do make-up to be a hard punk rocker.If you want to become one start writing lyrics and learning guitar (dont learn too much becoz knowing too much of guitar will take you beyond punk ;) ).You dont have to wear make-up every day to show you are punk.You only wear make-up on stage if you are a performer.On stage showing off is required but not in REAL life.You may find people wearing so called punk make-up becoz they are make-up freaks not punk.A punk rocker would never care about wearing make-up every morning.

18. vishalj

vishalj Banned

No, no, no and no. I'm still punk though by not being punk.

As someone pointed out, thats more goth than punk anyways.
    Mohawks anyone? I had one (a little not even noticable one) last year. Didn't last too long

19. shsnawada

No, i didnt mean the punk culture / looks and all that. I meant the music itself. I didnt find any non run of the mill punk songs. And thats the reason why i asked you to enlighten me about those things,

Well, atleast with their live performances nowadays they look like a punk band playing dm :p:

20. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hahahaha, cracking.
    And Punk Rock is dead boring