Any Rack Effects Users

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ronnieanand, Nov 8, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    Anybody here using Racks. I have some queries.

2. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

I doubt it da^^^
    Did you check out Bobby's friends racks. Killer stuff! Hes got a couple of rocktrons i think. Ask him.

3. soulscape777

soulscape777 Oneiric

Hey Ronnie......u know how to get in touch with me ;)
    planning on getting one??
    i plan to sell some off

4. ronnieanand

I played through them. I wasn't much impressed. It was good but not out of the world. It was Rocktron Intelliflex. The delays sounded too Digital. The reverb was excellent. I like the Rocktron Short Timer Delays the best. The best I have come across. And for Chorus nothing beats the Maxon Chorus. Even that Robert's friend was using only a Maxon Chorus and didn't use the Chorus from the Rack.

5. ronnieanand

Hey Soulscape,
    Which of yours are you selling and what's the price. PM me or catch me over chat. I am actually looking for racks for a friend of mine. He wants a Rack for all the clean effects and modulations and might be using a stompbox for the Distortion. Need info on what midi switches are required to be able to use it for studio as well as live purposes. And finally about the power supply too. I have seen this power condenser or something like that.

6. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Power Conditioner..apparently the best is made by Furman

7. soulscape777

soulscape777 Oneiric

Ronnie,is the Intelliflex on sale....actually i've been after an Intelipitch for quite a while now coz its got excellent pitch mod. algorithms,if u know of one going off for sale pm me.i wouldnt mind an Intelliflex if the price is right.do lemme know if its 110 or 220v altho i have the pl plus and converter.
    im knocking off a line 6 filter pro studio modeller(monophonic synth/formant filter module - no 13pin i/o required,straight jack to jack),marshall jmp1....a friend's throwing in his furman pl,motu 728 (mk I - no midi i/o/thru)
    lemme know.i may sell my roland fc 200 (mkII)midi foot controller if i get a good price on another one..so i'll keep u posted on that.im planning on a rocktron all access now.Roland FC 200 n the Rocktron All Access are the best midi footcontrollers for guitar players.All Access is more complex and alot more $$$$$$$s but if its simple patch changing/CC commands u want to use it for go in for the FC 50,FC200 or even behringers.Lexicon MPX series are excellent racks for modulation/time based efx and are very "pocket-friendly"i've used used them alot in studios n recommend them.What's his budget?lemme know.

ps - u've got to hear the chorussing of the UD ........ equivalent or better than having 8 worldclass chorus racks in one box...

8. chintan9

The intelliflex rocked! Good stuff! But tell me one thing, are racks worth the money. I mean, are they worth for a musician in india.

9. ronnieanand

Why not ?? Even the local hindi song orchestra guys always use a Rack for the reverb. Infact they regularly use racks for reverb and EQ. Check it out in the next marriage you attend.

10. chintan9

Thats what Im talkinn about. No one really cares a rats ass if the guitarist of the 'local hindi song orchestra' is using a rack or not(only vocals matter to the marriage going crowd :p: ..
    In my opinion racks are too much of an investment................

Or is it an investment at all :think:

11. jekyll

jekyll Banned

correct

even the cheapest of the cheapest rigs n gigs rely on racks ... but then i dont think most solo musicians own them ... usually it is the gig setup dudes who own them ...

12. ronnieanand

You can have a Rack setup just as expensive as a new GT8 cost. I mean that's about the minimum but you can do plenty more. Ask Soulscape king of racks :) :beer:

13. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Ronnie stop worrying about the sound and play your guitar d00d at this rate no one will ever get to see you play not even yourself. A perfect tone is next to impossible unless you know Mark Schnyder LOL. I doubt you know office watchmans name.

14. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

GT8 rox. I own one now and use it daily. its better than anything i have played on planning to get a peavey JSX soon.

15. ronnieanand

Thanks buddy. I was enquiring it for a friend who wanted a rack setup. I am happy with my sound and gear.

16. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

With the kind of pedals you have i was wondering what else you would need. By the way anyone want peavey amps? bulk deal is going to happen. All of us can save of shipping.

17. soulscape777

soulscape777 Oneiric

Ron,did u chk the Lexicon MPX series out?lemme know if your friend wud be intrstd,can get him a good deal here.Holiest Grail wud be perfect for u.theres also an OC2 n BF 2 for sale...1 Jap strat(cherry red),1 arctic white Strat Squire.buzz or pm ;)

lmao @ king of racks.........ron,prince/pasha of pedals :beer:

18. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Hey how much did the GT8 cost ya?

19. ronnieanand

Holiest Grail it tooo expensive and totally out of my budget :eek:: . I will pick up a Holy Grail. $78 is good as of now.

20. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

GT8 cost.. PM me i'll tell you.