any possibilities of electric shock while playing guitar??!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rocking_devil, Oct 17, 2005.

1. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

hey all,, is there any possibilities of receiving electric shock while playing the guitar??!

i kinda faced something like this situation today....i dunno whether it was electric shock or my muscles were getting numb!:confused: .......please can anyone tell me if this is true or not!......plugins and all ae properly plugged and grounded!....so whats wrong? :mad:

2. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

hmm
    i never faced any prob like this..
    but u shd never forget the movie"disco dancer".. :p:

jimmy jimmy aaja aaja aaja

3. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

plzz....dun spam now yaar....im quite serious n curious to know about this!
    you can spam after the thread's purpose is served!:p:

4. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

ok no spam..
    i neverv felt anything like this while playing my self
    but one of my friend says he got a shock once...
    but i dun think that if u have plucked in all things correctly..u wld get one.

or maybe.....??? :think:

5. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

actually one can get a shock .. its very rare tho ..
    in a particular tv programme they were interviewing a guitarist (pretty famous .. dont know name) and were asking him how he nearly avoided a fatal shock while playing .. and while the guy was explaining .. a wrack or something behind him fell on him and he died there itself ..
    :shock:

6. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

ok...so there is possibilities of receiving electric shock while playing guitar but rare ..huh?

7. aysh

yes .. and these electric guitars are made such that u wont get a shock even if u play in a swimming pool .. but maybe its got something to do with the earthing ..

8. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

very rare

i think neo had a thread like this b4 when he got a shock i read it while i was still a guest lolz

9. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Imagine a lightning hitting your amp. Still better than hitting you.

10. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

If you hand was wet with sweat or water you could get shock due to poor grounding. In Solid Stage amps, the thing works only at 35V, so the shock is kinda mild though you feel a bit agitated. The tube amps when grounded poorly can lead to fatal shocks.

In some rainy day, Stevie Ray Vaughan had cancelled his show shortly before his death. In the same venue, a new band was playing where their guitarist got Electrocuted and died on stage. It was like SRV should have died there. But shortly after he died in a Chopper crash.

By the way, improper grounding, ground loops could lead to shocks. Basically the ground of your guitar, processor and amp should be all at zero voltage, else you are doomed.

11. shak

shak Harrr!

all the guitar's hardware is grounded ... the bridge the strings and the saddle .. so if for some reason .. (short circuit or dampness) the ground wiring gets some voltage in it .... as ronnie said .. you are doomed .. thats why ground is always earthed

12. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@ronnie .....yeah......i think i had some water in tip of my fingers ,,,, coz i started playing after taking a bath!....i dunno anything about tube amps n stuff.....but i got a marshall 15cdr and all wires and connected properly and nicely grounded!.....so was the wet hands the reason for the shock??.....anywayz,, it was all mild shocks and if i keep playing my wrist is becoming numb!:confused: ....hey,, your speech was really scary there.....is there any possibilities of me dying? :cry1: :cry2:

13. larsan

larsan K-Dash

ur safe now thxxx God...no probzz buddy it happens:)....just take care:)

14. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

its rarae...make sure u rnt wet next time..else well be misin ur posts..lollz....kiddin...

15. aysh

holy fuc.k im scared now :(

16. jekyll

jekyll Banned

it is a possibility

but usually doesnt happen

there is a possibilty of a person getting killed while crossing a road ... and the probability is very high ...
    but that doent stop ppl from crossing roads ...