Any laney users?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by mymusicmyguitar, Aug 11, 2011.

1. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Checkd the laney VT 20+ Series which i really didnt like except for a few effects here and there. Loved the laney AH series which had only clean channel. Took pedals really well. Also checked the Roland who failed to giv true output of the pedals. so finally made an advance payment for the Laney Cub 10 whch was the only piece available in the Pune Furtados. Got 10% discount on that since it was the display Amp :(..

Haha you know what Bajaao gets their stuff from Furtados :) and the 10% discount that bajaao was offering was i suppose only for the items which were being used for display(Furtados guy told this to me indirectly ;))

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Good choice... you made the right decision finally..

3. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

i hope the coming soon will disappear from ur signature soon

4. mymusicmyguitar

:) Finally the Laney Cub 10 has arrived....Loved the amp. Played it clean with volume at 11 and gain at 1 and the breakup was soo decent and warm..Clean tones are simply superb....Loved the overdriven tone...

Hahaha..Ended up buying the Digitech Grunge pedal(which i had decided not to buy at all) which i connected with the amp for checking the tone...The amp simply loves the pedals....Amazing distortion..I guess the amp made it sound really very warm and not dry or plastic kinda tone.

I had checked the Digitech Death metal and Digitech Hot Head series last week which i hated coz of the plastic digital tone(had played it on Egnater tube amp)...They were too noisy.....I had made up my mind to not go for any Digitech low end pedals..But seriously this pedal is a kickass....Extremely low noise in comparision to the other distortion pedals(low end series below 4K)...

I just cant wait to get some dirty kickass tones tonight :)

And yeah i got 20% discount on MRP...Bought it for 10020/- :p...Insisted on more discount coz the amp was a display amp at Pune Furtados

5. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Congratulations. Now post clips.

6. mymusicmyguitar

Yup will post some clips by the end of this week :)

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Congrats mate...

8. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

You made the right choice, its a fantastic amp, i have been using it for around a year now and sounds kickass, I did some mods to it too, replaced the stock tubes with Tungsol tubes and in the process of replacing the speaker as well, thats the weakest link of this amp, but once the speaker breaks in well, you will love the tone even better.
    I am also building a cab for it 1x12 with Eminence Governor Speaker (US Made) as i do not want to pay for the "Celestion" brand name, those are made in china, I wish I can get the cab finished ASAP. Will also replace the amp speaker as well soon enough.
    Good luck with your amp mate, and it sure does love pedals.