Any idea about the Laney TFX1 Amplifier?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by death_metal_fan, Sep 4, 2005.

1. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Does someone have any experience with this amplifier? Can someone tell me whether it is a tube amp or a solid-state amp (from what I gather, the drive channel is not tube-driven)?

Basically I'm looking to buy a tube amp in Bombay. Second-hand would do too. I have a max budget of about Rs. 15,000 but I'm hoping for something around Rs. 10,000. Any other recommendations would be nice too.

My style of metal is classic old-school metal. Think late 70s Judas Priest, Rainbow, Black Sabbath etc.

Thanks

2. shak

shak Harrr!

i ahev heard of PA systems from laney .. not amps
    but i googled this one .. havent used this or seen it in the shops :S

Rated at 50 watts RMS with tube emulating circuitry. 10" Custom Celestion speaker. Clean and drive channels.

so its tube emulation ..that means....synth tube? right .... well thats what i think the above statement means ..
    got digital effects built in as well ..

if you are looking for tube sound why not use the tube preamps? .. VOX has some really good tube pre's ...
    yup confirmed it ... the tf series isnt tube

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

almost very bloody run of the mill amp says it emulates the sound of a tube.. now if u want a solid state sound thats col - its cheap and sounds nice - tubes are expensive and tub eamps arent easily availalbe in india

4. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

That's exactly the point Rahul. Tube amps are not that easily available in India. You got any idea where I can purchase a tube amp from? Furtados and Bhargavas don't have any and eBay India turned up nothing.

5. shak

shak Harrr!

why dont u asl some electrician to make a tube pre-amp for you! .. i dont think it would be very difficult

6. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Well ,

I have heard Furtados have imported the Laney Tube Head check them out or else try to Call Rivera Digitech they might have some thing but ur budget is too little for Tube Amp please get in touch woth Ronnie he might be able to help u buiding a custom Tube Amp

Ninad