Any expirience with the Boss Ds1?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by yazi, Jan 8, 2007.

1. yazi

yazi Banned

Man, I have tried all the pedals from AMT( yeah, visited their factory, the CEO, Don, is a great guy, showed me around). And the California Sound is the Best.

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

With my Rocktron Silver Dragon and Korg AX1500G, I will show you stuffs that your sad AMTs cant do :) :beer:

3. yazi

yazi Banned

Don't bring on the Korg into the real world

4. ronnieanand

What's Real World.......

5. yazi

yazi Banned

A world free of emulations and modelings and stuff.

6. ronnieanand

Your AMT Pedal is already modelled after some amp :p: :p: ........So ........you aren't in the real world too......California Sound is modelled after a Mesa Boogie..........:beer: :beer:

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hehehee
    show me a pedal that can get as close to Tweed or Plexi sound as Tri-AC.

Tech21 pwns
    :rock:

8. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

This Pedal owns this, That Pedal pwns that..............Grow up kids :mad:

9. ronnieanand

Show me a pedal that is painted in the same Blues like Boss Blues Driver. BD2 pwns...

10. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^Lol Baba started again ?

Someones smoking the Shimla, kerala or Jamaican strong :rock: :)

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

^ lol....lets see a fight!

12. yazi

yazi Banned

@RonnieAnnand: Still a tube pedal has more originality that a multifx set. U can get your unique sound using one, while, in a multifx pedal its all the same.

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

The real tube sound comes from power amp stage.

Power amp stages operate at very high voltage.

How many tube pedals exist in the market that operate at that high voltages?

14. yazi

yazi Banned

That, my friend is not the point. Though it is kind of sad.

15. ronnieanand

All AMT pedals do sound the same....Roughly the same.........Where is your unique sound coming from now.......A multifx can get as original as a distortion pedal. Both these units are anyway wannabes......and the original are still those covetted amps.....
    Dont you think California Sound and Fatal Tube are pretty close sounding.....Dont bother about their funda of Mesa Boogie Wannabe and a Bogner Wannabe......But they do sound pretty close........Where is the originality even in these pedals.....

16. ronnieanand

Adding to my previous point.........Boss Distortions are more original......The DS1 or OD1 or BD2 doesn't try to emulate anything......It's just a Distortion / Overdrive pedal. AMT Fatal Tube is Bogner Wannabe, Calfornia Sound is a Mesa Boogie Wannabe, British Sound is Marshall Wannabe, Tweed is a Fender Wannabe, etc.......Talking about originality, Boss should have been your choice.....

17. yazi

yazi Banned

Oh, I have my tube amp that is original to the core in the shape of a Peavey.

But, for a entire set up, the individual pedals give a more broad scope to tinker than anything else.

18. ronnieanand

Awesome...but it has no relation to the debate....You said processors are not the real world but those Analog pedals are. My arguement is both are real world or both are not real world. You owning a tube amp doesn't say anything, except that you are trying to prove that since you own a real tube amp, you know it all....

19. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^^ Hold on... U have a Rocktron Silver Dragon?

20. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I had two, sold him one:beer: