Any Def Leppard Fans - Share Experience

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ronnieanand, Oct 7, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    I used to Def Leppard fan in the early 90s and was a fan till they released Slang. After which I jumped into Thrash Metal Band Wagon. After a long time I started to listen to them from last week. Simply amazing. I started to love their real Pop sugary songs. The twin guitar work is simply awesome. Very well textured guitar layering and production was it's peak in albums like Adrenalize and Hysteria. My favourite was always High n Dry and Retro Active. Steve Clark is a great guitarist with awesome melody. The harmonized vocals and man there's plenty to talk about that band. Till recently I used to crib about them like all Metal Heads do. Now getting more open minded is really making me appreciate these stuffs. Phil Collen is one crazy but severely under rated guitarist. He is no less than any other guitar gods people talk about. His very precise playing, excellent phrasing and aggressive playing really shines in many of their songs. For guys who are open minded check them out again.
    None of their songs are new to me but listening to them with a different mind set gives a great feeling. If I tell my band that we'd cover Def Leppard, they'd kill me for sure.

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Love them...infact they were one of the first rock bands I heard. i still listen to them at times. their earlier work mixing bluesy, glam rock was awesome. i still at times lissen to songs like satellite, rock rock till you drop, let it go were awesome.

3. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Def Leppard were among the high flyers in the 3rd generation of heavy metal (also known as the New Wave of British Heavy Metal). High 'N Dry is a good album I suppose (and their best in my opinion). Lady Strange which is possibly my favorite Def Leppard song has one of their best riffs ever. And of course you have the classic Bringin' On The Heartbreak and You Got Me Runnin'. Good times..