Any Amit Dutta Students?????

Discussion in 'Bengali Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by rock_roll_satch, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

haha, well said. To be fair, most people who said stuff like that haven't ever heard him play....so what's your name? I probably know you.

As for our advanced classes, he himself says that it took him almost 30 years to learn what he teaches us now so he doesn't really expect us to "get" everything. As long as we understand what he's trying to tell us and make a start towards using those ideas, it's okay.

I know a couple of people who learn from Tuki. He's a decent teacher but Amyt da is great because he just guides people and lets them figure out most things for themselves instead of spoonfeeding us with info and whoever learns that way cannot ever forget and it helps people develop their own styles instead of just being "replicas" of their teachers.

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

dude, you should check them out live. They are quite different from the way they sound in Escape the Roar (which I love anyway though I suspect I may be biased).....they really do their own thing and that is one thing very few bands in Calcutta can boast of being successful at.

3. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

Hmmmm. Have to hear them.

4. Strat

Strat Floydian

Is it so? Then I really want to see them live... though it seems they don't do live shows quite often like other similarly famous English bands. Do they only perform in clubs (like Hip Pocket or BFT)?
    Anyway, it may be her voice which I dislike.

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

HipPocket perform every wednesday at someplace else so its not just at clubs.

As for skinny alley, they do more shows outside than here but they're usually at someplace else once every couple of months at least.

6. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

ticket er dam koto in someplace else??? jabo tale.....

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

entry is free. It's just a pub in Park Hotel. However, they don't let you stay very long if you're not ordering anything. I usually stay out of sight of the waiters and listen to good music for free.

8. LEFTY_GUITARIST

entry fee was 800 on new yars eve.......:p:..some rock-a-thon.....or wutever...

9. Strat

Strat Floydian

Ah... I know that. When I said 'clubs' I included SPE too. Anyway, thanks for the info. :beer: I wonder how I shall stay out of sight of the waiters for long ;) But have to go there again...

10. debankan

I will just buy a beer and sit there.

11. LEFTY_GUITARIST

debsnkan da kobe jabe bolo..ar pepsi nischoy powa jay......:eek::eek:khane:eek::

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

yes, but I think your best (and cheapest) bet would be fruit juice for Rs. 55.

and yeah, they have entry fees on special nights but thats rare.

and Strat, just go there with a near-empty pocket and lust for music and I'm sure you'll learn to stay hidden quickly enough ;)

13. LEFTY_GUITARIST

are rgiht click on urself, go to properties, and check hidden, bass, hoye jabe;)

thnx, bjr , tobe kota theke suru hoy wednesday teh???

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

usually starts around 9:30 to 10 pm.

and yeah, lame joke

15. LEFTY_GUITARIST

^^^^^thnx, oto rate suru hole bari firbo kise kore??:cry1:, aamar bike nei:cry1:

16. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

Come down walking. :) Just walk down when it is day.;) People would think you are on morning walk.:RollLol:

nIK!:nw:

17. debankan

Tui o chole ai. Tui hente Durgapur fire jaabi. :RollLol: :grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.