Another Real Six String....

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Johny Bravo, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

Hi
    Dudes & dudettes, I am now a proud owner of Washburn D10S CE Acoustic-electric guitar. Awesome piece of wood. Got it from Musiciansfriend.com worth $300. Came with a hardshell case. Received it a couple o days ago. Put some Elixirs on it, and its blowing away everything in its way. Gawd it rocks! Recorded a cover with it already. Check it out here:

https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=23493

Have some pics of it. Check it out.

Attached Files:

2. Johny Bravo

Here are some more pics..

Attached Files:

3. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

mast yaar ! u spent 15,000 (inr) on acoustic !! u rich bastard :mad:

4. vini

vini Repeat Offender

ur model looks almost like washburn-D10CEQSB which costs around +17k..y did u buy it online..is it any cheaper?

5. Johny Bravo

@ nemo: Nah buddy im not that rich. Just sold a couple o items to get this. Yea u can call me passionate abt guitars though, but im definitely not a million dollar baby. *sighs*

@vini: It is the exact same model, except that washburn-D10CEQSB is in quilted top finish. Other things are the same, just different in top colour.

Well online purchase was partially because, yes it is cheaper, and also because I had to tell my friend exactly what to bring. He doesnt know anything abt guitars. I personally strongly advise NEVER to buy online, unless you have tried the product and just need to order it, or if it is a very trusty website, like MF. My friends have been dealing with em for more than a decade, so I know they are trustworthy. And had tried a Washburn here, so I knew what to buy. Thanks for the read.

6. neo_hide

neo_hide New Member

Thanks

Hello every1. Thanks 4 getting me registered. Have a nice day

7. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

welcome to the club, good guitar,congrats, i have the washburn d10ceqsb, washburn makes good acoustics, but my washburn dosent have a built in tuner like yours, only a 4eq preamp pickup(and the factory supplied hard case either, i had to buy one), guess that must be a feature in urs or in the USA,lucky you... neways, playing mine for last 2 years(with d'addario from day one) and still no probs, actually, the tone sounds better evrytime i play it... njoi urs...

Attached Files:

8. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

Nice guitars...Johny and rammy
    :rock:

9. Johny Bravo

Thanks a lot @rammy & faiq.

@rammy: Dude nice guitar. Looks real cool. Fretboard looks real smooth. Bet it plays like a dream. Just watch out for that Equis Silver preamp. Its fragile, kinda poofs out in a couple o years. Just a question, are u sure it is a solid top? Cos its model name D10CEQSB breaks up as:
    D= dreadnaught
    10=series
    C=Cutaway
    E=Electronics equipped
    QSB=Quilt shaded black.

Mine, D10SCE goes like:

D=Dreadnaught
    10=series number
    S=solid top
    C=cutaway
    E=Electronics equipped

Their all-solid-wood guitars are named SW=solid wood. Like D52SWCE. But if it plays good, then its fine.

Another question. What kinda port do u have? Regular 1/4" jack only, or do u have an XLR port next to it as well? I am having trouble with recording my guitar. It gives only mono signal. How to fix it. Any clues?

10. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

congrats buddy
    she's a beauty

11. rammy

Hey johny, mine has a quilted maple top...the SB stands for sun burst(i guess-my best one),the fretboard is great,i treat it with 1.dunlop 01 fretboard cleaning and 2. dunlop formula65 fretboard lemon oil every 3 weeks,(it has to look good as well as play smooth)... mine has a XLR port next to the TRS but last time i tried the cable wasnt locking so i used the TRS port and hav been using that ever since(gawd i shud try the XLR sometime,i'll tell u when'll do that) and dont worry bout mono or stereo, every guitar gives only a mono signal, u can make it a stereo through a processor (like i do with my podxt :p) but the only difference would be in added effects(if u hav programmed them to be stereo like panning the delay etc.), if no effects, then that too would sound the same... no acoustic instrument is recorded stereo(not saying bout rythms like a dholak that is recorded stereo but on saperate channels/tracks,even that is twin mono signal), they are all mono,trust me on this one, i have my own studio... dont worry as long as it gives u a signal,you have to tweak ur sound card, make it single channel mono in rec. or else it will sound only in left speaker(what soundcard do u use???)

12. rammy

also forgot to ask, how do you record ur guitar as in through a sound card(studio specific) or just through ur pc??? and thanxs faiq

13. Johny Bravo

Thanks for the help bro. Yea I record thru the regular PC built in soundcard. Dont have enough dough left on me to buy POD XT for it though. I have done some recordings thru audacity, and it is giving me mono signal. Plz tell me how to configure it. And abt XLR port, how does it differ from the regular TRS port? Any audible difference?

14. rammy

i dont record through a podxt(never thought really, shud do that sometime too) but through a tascam soundcard... don't know exactly for audacity(thou it is a good home recording software), but still try in inputs, there they'll be something in type of input ----> line in, if there is an option to record mono or stereo, or left or right, then choose mono and or the speaker in which u are gerring the sound..., if u add tracks in audacity(me only used audacity once veeeeery long time ago so dont remember how u go bout the things), then simply add a mono track for your recording and it shud config itself accordingly... XLR gives a balanced sound(as in axis of sound--x , y) whereas a TRS signal gives an unbalanced one... but still if u are recording on a pc or neother home use sound card, you wont be able to tell the diff even in 19/20 case,,,, so just relax and use the TRS out effectively...

15. Johny Bravo

@rammy: Dude I use Audacity to record only, while I use Adobe Audition 1.5 for adding tracks or mixing. If I add a mono track to the multitrack tab, its gonna stay this way (i think) I dont think it will configure itself to be a stereo track, while so far i have been unable to find channel management option in the Adobe software, dont know abt audacity though. Will look later. What do u use btw? Also, recommend a sound card for recording. I heard good words abt Creative Live. What do u say?

16. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

you can add a stereo track (Project -> New Stereo Track)
    but make sure your guitar cable or at least the converter jack is stereo. it should have 2 bands on the head. generally guitar cables are mono.