Another iPod issue..

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by i'm_not_neo, Oct 27, 2006.

1. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

My battery have really lost its potential now...it gets used up in about 3 hours.Anyways does anyone know if there's an Apple Service shop (for iPod) or any other shop which changes iPod batteries in Mumbai?

2. shak

shak Harrr!

^ you can buy ipod battery replacement kit off ebay and do it yourself ..

3. i'm_not_neo

Sorry to sound obsolete, but I don't trust e-shopping....yet its an option if I don't get any other replies ...so thanx.

4. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

5. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

All these ipod issues are scaring me. I'm planning to buy one tomorrow.

6. shak

shak Harrr!

^ then dont ...

"oh i am scared cuz this one guy just had an issue with the battery that is a) not user changeable in the first place b) is known to last for only a few charge cycles c) is a known snag d) all the world knows about it .. but i'll ignore all this and thousands of other happy ipoders to lean on this little oppurtunity to tell you all that i am planning to buy an ipod .. now you can all prostrate to my grace and admit that i am officially 'cool' now .."

7. i'm_not_neo

@death_metal_fan...for some reason the link isn't helping...I mean I chose "Find Service" and "India" but it loads a webpage which is completely blank when I click on "Search".
    Thanx though...
    @erutu...I'd recommend you but some other mp3 player unless you want massive storage space.If 512 MB is sufficient for you there are some other players available.
    If you are planning to buy a iPod video...take a look at this link.I really don't want to sound like a lame salesman but my friend got this mp3 player...
    https://www.cowonamerica.com/products/iaudio/u3/
    Of course you can't compare it to iPod in terms of style n looks.

If you are planning to buy iPod nano make sure you get the newest version(it provides more battery power,better display,etc.)(more ifo on apple.com,its same in terms of price,unless you buy the new 8 GB version)

8. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

Yes.. I will be cool once I buy my ipod. Cooler than I already am now that is. I listen to Beyonce coz its cool.

I play guitar coz that impresses the girls and my status goes up to uber cool.

Now... two of my friend's ipod's crashed exactly a week apart. Maybe they were having mad ipod *** (is that cool?) or maybe they weren't.

Money for me doesn't grow on trees.. I have been saving up for this for sometime now, I know its not much but when you're parents aren't paying for it it is. I was ready to sell my guitar at one time as an ipod would have been a better purchase as I travel alot due to work. Anything else you want to add?

not_neo: What is the capacity of that player as I didn't seem to find it on the page. I need 80gb and nothing less and right now the creative mp3 player goes upto only 60. I'm from Bombay so the shipping and stuff will be expensive I'm guessing.

9. i'm_not_neo

Firstly, my apologies for posting a wrong link...that was an alt. for nano..
    This is an alternative for iPod Video..
    https://www.cowonamerica.com/products/iaudio/x5/

But its only 60 GB max. capacity. (can't believe I'm saying "only 60 GB").But you get Fm playback and recording & a lot more (desperately trying not to sound like a lame salesman).

Secondly,80 GB??????!!!!!!!!
    Thats cool,you'll probably be carrying your entire music library.
    So I take this selfish opportunity to ask which iPod model are you buying (I don't know any which gives 80 GB space) & how much does it cost?

10. shak

shak Harrr!

excellent .. now i'll add you to my 'touchy-touchy!' list ..

by the way .. ipods dont break that easy ... they are as tough as an mp3 player can be .. *anything* goes wrong with the software and you can *always* fix it .. i repeat *always*
    so if you had been saving .. dont be scared and give the money to his steveness .. ipod is worth it ..
    although!! here is a word of advice ..
    if you are planning to buy ipod video .. then DONT!! not just yet. .wait for novemeber (or before christmas) cuz apple's got a touch screen ipod in the pipeline and you might want that one ..
    touchscreen ipod will make you way cooler than listening to beyonce or other any other lame attempt at sarcasm would ...

11. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

@shak: Er.. i want to see why people actually buy ipods except the fact that theyre morbidly trendy .... A case for buying it?

12. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

^To listen to music?

I don't know the model no but it costs 23500 on the Apple India website but it's alot cheaper if you buy it from some random store.

The iaudio has too many features! This does have radio but I rarely listen to it. I didn't even read half of the feature list but it does support FLAC

13. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

Isn't an Mp4 player enough? 2000 bucks and you get one. The video files are pretty small too. So, you can still have around 50 songs + 25 videos.

14. shak

shak Harrr!

i cant speak for the rest .. but the reason i bought ipod was cuz ipod is different ..
    touch sesitive control .. coloured screen album art and reliable hardware ..