Another Instrumental

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by sridhar11_2, Nov 11, 2005.

1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

OK This is an instrumental with 2 guitars only (mainly cause it's just an improvisation on the backing chords).
    It got a lot of mistakes but bear with me i still like it cause it has soul.
    It starts out well but in the end you'll know i'm just fiddling around ( The end almost embarrassing )

Enjoy
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=NHZDQR42

the_wizard likes this.
  2. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

soundclick man!\!!!!! megaupload takes a lot of time

3. jekyll

jekyll Banned

well would u belive ... i just felt i was listening to a slow number by joe satch ...
    serious ... felt real good

tone was nice what da ya use?

dude am becoming a fan ...

and the ending is pretty nice :) mebbe slight refinement ... but i felt it went good ...

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

<Lips sewn together, eyes popping out :shock: >
    <Unable to speak>

5. ronnieanand

<Now speaks>

Damn good. Your guitar sound requires a bit more compression or drive. It's a bit more open sounding for certain things.

A few places you were thinking of what to play next. My suggestion is dont stop, just go ahead with whatever come to the mind or doesn't come to your mind.

I dont know how good you are in tapping but it sounded like you need to work on tapping. It could be because of the guitar tone too. Too much open sounding tone is not good for tapping or Legato playing. You need that bit of compression which would have made the tapping sound even. The tapping goes pretty much out of time. If you had played with a Drum Machine or Metronome, you would have realized that it was out of time. The tapping tempo is increasing steadily but the backing is not in increasing tempo.

I didn't particularly like the Arpeggio Backing.

Ending is pretty nice. :think: No idea why you are embarrased. :think:

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Okie..heres my honest review

1. The chord sequence was very impressive
    2. The licks, soloing at the start was excellent
    3. But then i kinda feel u kinda lost it, the tapping part was out off time and somehow that threw the whole track off for me, perhaps because of the oddchord sequence
    4. On the whole, great effort
    5. I liked ur tone, very Satrianisque , what gear do u use?

7. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

excellent stuff....

ill agree with Ronnie and dennis seems lik u were not playing whatevr came to ur head....maybe got a little lost in between..

anyawy...overall....beautiful stuff

8. sridhar11_2

It's a huge compliment comparing me to satriani. Thanks

I actually dont like the solo as such cause the only thing i planned out was the backing ,the intro melody and the tapping part which i just thought would sound nice. This was the first take which i recorded like a year ago (i was 15 at the time) just did'nt scrap it cause it has the feeling i wanted in the song. I dont have much experience with drums and stuff so timing is a big problem for me.

Get ready for this. The Gear i used is:-
    J&D strat copy and Zoom 505 II only.
    Used the neck pickup. I dont think my guitar's pickups are any good but it feels great to me. I like the Zoom for the clean tones though.

9. jekyll

jekyll Banned

well the overdrive/mild distortion sounded pretty good

INFACT it seems u have used the line-in line-out feature with cab simulator ... isnt it?

coz via normal amplispeakers Zoom sounds quite trebly ...

10. sridhar11_2

Thanks for the sincere reviews. I'm not really good at tapping at all maybe i'm better now but dont know.
    Will try to play with drum machines in future. Thanks for the advice.

I actually changed the tempo of the song and added a few things to it in the new version. This was an old version and just like Win 32 will become obsolete.

11. sridhar11_2

I actually dont think i used the amp simulator. I dont really remember the settings i used though.

12. jekyll

jekyll Banned

well since u use the direct line for recording ... do u notice any changes in tone due to use of cab simulator?

via amp+speaker i can only feel that cab simulator acts like some sorta chorus + EQ effect ...

13. sridhar11_2

I dont have an amp so basically it's direct line. If i engage the amp simulator there is a noticible difference in tone. But without it i feel it's warmer than when the simulator is engaged

14. jekyll

jekyll Banned

same effect with my KORG on the amplispeaker ...

it sounds as if the mids and highs have been reduced slightly ... some chorus added ... and strangely some slight reverb too ...

but anyway i like that sound more :)

15. ronnieanand

Me. No recording :eek::

16. sridhar11_2

Recording's easy if you use direct line as opposed to sticking a mic in front of an amp. It's easy to add post effects and screw with the sound a bit. Just get a good quality wire and you're set.

17. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

:nw::nw:beautiful..very jazzy..have a feeling that if you rolled your tone control down a bit it would suit this piece even better..just a feeling..I dunno jacksh!it about sound or playing:eek::...but the tapping part did sound a bit off...

18. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

gr8...just awusm...totally blow off by it....but u do sumtimes screw up..and miss time it...i think u didnt hit a note properly at the start...

but hey...every1 makes mistakes....but ur whole song as a project is totally

19. sridhar11_2

Thanks. I know it has a LOT of mistakes it was just improv so did'nt plan it properly . Just recorded the backing then laid another track clicked Record and JUST PLAYED.... :cool: