Another Doodle

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by ronnieanand, Nov 16, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Another Doodle.

Recorded one shot. The Rhythm is Looped over my Korg AX1500G. Severe timing issues with the Rhythm, so solo sounds severely out of time at many places. Could have fixed it by sampling the backing riff properly but no patience. I am using pretty much a low to medium gain patch, so hardly much sustain. Recorded while practising Legato and Tapping. Tapping and Legato are so much mixed that I could hardly make out which one is what. I have poor ears :mad: and that's okay. Maybe you guys could figure it out. So it's pretty much an excercise lick in the same old E Minor crap and not intended for anything else :annoyed: .

Forget the timing issues. Give me feedbacks on other things.

Last thing. Features my trademark screwed up recording quality :rock: :rock:

If the recording quality bothers you too much :nw: :nw: . Give me your PC and FO.

Download the stuff from www.soundclick.com/anand and the Out Of Time Thingy is called Rock Jam.

2. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Dude you're good. It may have been the recording quality issue but it sounded dull.

Seriously your recording quality is CRAP. Tell me how you setup to record and maybe i can help you.

3. ronnieanand

My playing itself is crappy :cry1: :cry1: :cry1: and that's why it sounded dull :cry1:

Ok. I have a Super Computer PC which takes 2 minutes if I click My Computer and starts hanging after that. It's more a Calculator than a PC, so cannot do anything about it till I change it.

My recording is using my Office given Laptop :rock: and that doesn't have a Line In Port :annoyed: :annoyed: . It has a tiny inbuilt microphone which is total crap :mad: . So I play with whatever setup and then whatever comes out of the speakers goes to this sick inbuilt mic and that's it. I have USB ports. Is there something I can do with this.

4. sridhar11_2

You ARE good dont try to be modest you'll never get anywhere telling people you're crap.

Actually you could do a lot with USB port. USBs are pretty fast so if you can get a decent external soundcard and plug it into the USB port the quality and speed is better than what you'd get with a line in. All the PC FX things are best used like this actually like Native Instruments Guitar Rig, Line 6 Guitarport( the red box is basically an external soundcard). You can use this with your Notebook plus you can use your external soundcard to play movies and stuff using the notebook and hooking it up to the TV or Musicsystem.

Just check this out.
    https://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=207&product=154

I'm no expert by the way so talk to other people before doing anything. I'm pretty sure it's helpful.

5. ronnieanand

No modesty here dude. But that's how I feel. There are so many simple beginner things that I just cannot do :cry1: :cry1: . Working on it, so it's just a matter of months or years.

Mmmmm....... That's a good idea. Hope I find something in my small budget.

6. ronnieanand

You hear any of my recordings, there's a slight Wah kind of sound and that's because of the sick recording quality and that's not intentional. One dude once went thinking about it and asked me how did I manage to get such a wah like tone :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol:
    I shouldn't have told him the truth. It could have got famous as "Wah"man Tone like the Famous Woman Tone.

7. sridhar11_2

Ha ha...lol :RollLol:

8. jekyll

jekyll Banned

hey have heard this one before ...

9. ronnieanand

Oh. Yeah. I have sent you all that I recorded except the one I did today morning ;) . It will reach your mailbox soon and maybe IGT later.

10. jekyll

jekyll Banned

cooooollll ...

hey also do write in what ever gear u used for whichever sound ...

*drool*

11. ronnieanand

Simple Setup. Rather poor recording setup and that shows up.

GB&a Strat Super Fake -> AX1500G -> Marshall MG15CD -> Laptop :mad:

12. jekyll

jekyll Banned

hey u sent this one to me earlier also? :think:
    yeah ... i guess u did ... aint you inspired by Summer of 69 opening riff in this one .... ?

13. ronnieanand

Oh cool. Yep it's the same one. I had lost that thingy, so I recorded it again today morning. Well nothing new to offer :eek:: .

14. Double Click

Double Click New Member

:rock: nice...

abt the recording, since u have a usb port, u might wanna get one of these babies

https://cgi.ebay.in/New-USB-Audio-A...6820381369QQcategoryZ3701QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

its Item number: 6820381369 in case the link doesnt work.

its a USB Audio Adapter.

...its selling fer around Rs 900/-

it plugs into u'r usb port and allows u to plug in mics and other accessories.

the seller is in bangalore so u should be able to chk out the sound quality b4 u buy.

i dunno how good it is, so u might wanna ask someone else b4 u buy.

15. Double Click

Double Click New Member

The item i mentioned b4 is not the only one ...for more, chk out Electronic Mart (ebay store).

16. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

nice leads....loved it

17. ronnieanand

WTF. Why dont somebody listen to this and give me some feedback. All you guys are my teachers :nw: :nw:

18. jekyll

jekyll Banned

here take some "FEEDBACK" ...

19. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yup, nice legato , tapping stuff, really nice licks, liekd the slow one (i think the 2nd) the best
    but ,
    it felt boring (sorry for being so blunt), yaar it was more like lick no 1 bajao , then lick no 2 then 3 then 4..somehow thats what i felt.
    But the licks are really nice, i guess u may now incorporate em in another solo

PS: i just heard the blues jam, wow...now i like that lick(the main one, really nice feel to it, really sets the mood :D

20. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i thought it was clean enough..if it was "just" a practice lick.

most ppl use the lick straight as it is in their solos.
    i think once uve got the timing issue down..u should start phrasing and improvising legato lines and tapping..now that would be more of a test..right.
    personally i dont do much of both,i like to pick notes more.