Another AMT thread

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Life_Sans_Death, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

I was looking for a dist pedal. I saw the AMT cal sound. I know it does good leads, but how about rhythm? I mean chord clarity and punch? And if not this one then what?

Just to let u know, I am using this setup:

ESP Alexi Laiho 600 -> Laney LX 35R

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

how do you know it does good leads?

3. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

must have heard about it from a friend....

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Then he would be better person to tell whether it will work for rhythms or not.

According to me, any pedal can work good in leads as well as rhythm scenario.

5. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

thts a nice guitar u have.. frm where did u get it...

6. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

I got it from the states. And as for the leads, all my info is based on their clips on the website. So, I have not one idea of how it sounds. But someone told me that its rhythm is muddy. He is not a reliable source. So just asking, if you guys have played it.

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

If you plan to play full chords and jazz, then it is muddy.
    For power chords it is decent.

8. Double Click

Double Click New Member

The cali sound is decent for leads, but doesn't cut it when it comes to chords. If u wanna play power chords, its ok, but it lacks the clarity for proper chords.
    And, I dont think u should be looking for an AMT woth ur amp.

BTW, do I know u??? U'r gear looks familiar...

9. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

I dunno. I have come to India recently. Was playing in a US band called Procupine tree as the rhythm guitarist.

And as for the gear, I dunno. But had to sell my amp due to transport issues.

So what else do ya suggest?

10. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Lies! :shock:
    Are you for real??

What pedals have you tried?

11. Double Click

Double Click New Member

What sort of tones are u looking for? In India, ur choices are very limited.

12. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Yes, I am for real. Why is it that struck you as false? I was only the rhythm guitarist for gods sake. And that was before I was kicked out. I only did Fear of a Blank Planet with them.

I am not much of a pedal guy. I have used the Orange amps exclusively.
    Though I boss DS1 Keeley Mod and the MXR Zakk Wylde OD and some other pedals as well.

13. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

I am looking for the Vox tone. For both leads and punchy rhythm. Truth of the matter is I can't get a vox from there. Had to sell my amp. And own a Laney now.